Universal Plasma Sky (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Volbard

Volbard Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Thanks guys, it's good to hear you're excited, really appreciate you posting to let me know!

Welcome to the party pal!

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i just noticed this on the board and i am really impressed so far, but before i buy can someone tell me :

1) does it have relative touch controls?
    2) does it have permanent upgrades like sky force, or do you pick up upgrades for only the level you play like Sine mora?
    3) is the awesome music on the last trailer in the game? :D

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Is there MFi support for the update? Pwetty please :)

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Wow, what a rad game! Wish I hadn't waited this long to get it! The controls are perfect even on my archaic iPhone 5! :p

5. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    It does have relative touch controls, that's the default. You can also you direct touch and tilt, and there's a sensitivity adjustment.

Upgrades are temporary, the game is focused on player skill and not RPG advancement. Permanent upgrades are cool too, but that's not what this game's about. :)

The awesome music in the last trailer won't be in until the update comes out, but there's other awesome music already in the game.

Not in this update, sorry! Maintaining iCade support has been kind of a giant pain, so MFi is scary to me. It does have Moga support, so there may be some mode on your controller the game will accept.

Cool, good to hear!

6. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thanks for the replies Voidbard! i wishlisted Plasma Sky, if nothing interesting drops this week, i'm buying it :)

7. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    *respectfully ;)*
    Omg, ramzarules, if you're just a tiny bit into shooters, than you just invented the 8th deadly sin because of wishlisting this brilliant beast only!
    *fan of the first hour*

8. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Haha, Qwertz, i'm an rpg fan first and foremost. If this had an rpg progression i'd buy it now and at a higher price :) As Voldbard answered it's an arcade-style progression, i wishlisted it in favor of any rpg-ish great thing that might pop up. Flattered to invent the 8th deadly sin though :D

9. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Love the game. Looking forward to the update.

10. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Is the Moga support coming in the update or is it already implemented? I have the Moga Rebel and can't seem to get it to work.

11. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    Moga support has been in for quite a while, but I'll do some testing to make sure it's still working properly. You might try hitting home and then switching back into the game with the controller connected.

12. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Buckle in! I would hate to be torn between this and Blokshot Revolution. That said, is there an ETA for the update?

13. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    I'm an idiot. The Moga support is only in for Android, iCade is hooked up for iOS. Sorry, I got mixed up there!

It would be cool to add more controller support, but honestly supporting the devices I have now has been one of the most difficult parts of maintaining the game. It should be easy, but since the game is in C++ and controller support has to be added in Java and Objective C it really complicates things. An iOS update made the game start crashing on launch, and it turned out to be controller support that caused it. That white bar that mysteriously appeared at the bottom of the screen is also from controller support. I've fixed it for the update, but.. controllers scare me now, even though I like using them.

I'm so bad at Blokshot! I do finally have a release date for the update though, next Wednesday the 22nd.

Update HOOOOOOOOOO!

14. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    This thread is broken for everyone else, right? To me it looks like it has a dozen more pages than it does and it's tricky to read.

15. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Yeah, about a half dozen more pages. I've seen this before, but not very often.

16. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    Ok, thanks for letting me know.

I wonder if we should start a new thread for the update. I'd like to hear feedback on it, but this broken thread is probably putting people off. I was pretty confused for a minute trying to find the actual posts.

17. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #577 ramzarules, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Does anyone know what the music track in the current version is? i love it and it would be awesome to download or buy it! It gives me such a happy mood!

Edit: It's "Low Poly Universe" by Imphenzia for anyone else interested. He has some other great tracks also, considering to buy full discography :)

18. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    It's a great track, that's why I asked him to write another one for the update!

19. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    The update just went live here in the U.S.

20. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Just wanted to put in a word in support of re-enabling iCade! (Though I do understand why removing it was a reasonable temporary solution.)