geoDefense 2! (not geoDefense: Swarm)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zachattacksox, Sep 5, 2009.

1. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    http://www.criticalthoughtgames.com/node/25

Looks like they are making geoDefense 2, and at the website above they are asking for ideas.

Taken from above site:

It may seem that geoDefense Swarm is the 'sequel' to geoDefense. *In a way it is, but I consider both to be equal products that have a different take on the Tower Dedfense genre.* GD will always be about fixed path or paths.* And GDS will always be about open-field, build your own maze TD.

So, that means... there will be a geoDefense 2!

Here are some of the things I'm wanting to do so far:

Multiple paths, with multiple entrances and exits.* Essentially what GDS has but with paths.
    Special path segments: speed up, slow down, heal, etc.* Similar to the special hexes in GDS.
    Creep Bosses
    Endless Mode (as exists in*GDS)
    What else would everyone like to see?

(end site quote)

What do you all think about this?

2. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    AWESOME!!! Will buy this for sure! How about mines to set down, like in bloons tower defense! Plus+ and/or achievements would be awesome too! Good luck guys!

3. Icy_fighter

Icy_fighter Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    What about the ability to create your own unit that will move in the opposite path towards the creeps and once it gets close enough it will attack it? :D

4. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    i dont know about you guys but i would LOVE a TD game where you defend and attack. you could earn ingame credits from kills and successfully attacking the enemy. and then you could use those credits to either build units to attack the enemy or create towers to defend against enemies. it would be sort of a multiplayer TD.

well anyways, in GD2 i would very much appreciate Plus+ and achievements.

5. zachattacksox

Jul 8, 2009
    I contacted the devs on the web page about the ideas u all have come up with. I really wanna see plus+ intergration.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You realize that's almost exactly how TD works in the first place :p

I know what you mean though, sending your own units down another path and either attacking their units or an enemy base. Could be interesting, it's certainly make it different enough to warrant the "2" in the title, rather than just being geoDefense 1.5.

7. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    to be honest the first game was so brilliant - that i would be happy with just the same game but 30 more levels - maybe 1 tower more and 1 other creep

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It was, but if that's all they're doing I'd rather have it as an update and not have to pay :p

9. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Or maybe DLC :) for extra levels I would definitely be willing to pay again.

10. lamak

lamak Member

Mar 21, 2009
    i want PC or iPhone map editor and ingame option to download user created levels

11. zachattacksox

Jul 8, 2009
    I'm really excited for the endless mode. Swarm is supposed to have it too.