Reasons why buying games from the app store is better than going to a real game store

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slothy, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Slothy

Slothy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    1. I don't have to put on pants.:rolleyes:
    2. Nothing is ever 'out of stock'.

Any others?

2. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    1. Less expensive
    2. You can do it whenever you feel like it
    3. Less expensive
    4. You cant ever misplace or break the games
    5. Less expensive
    6. Easy storage
    7. Did i mention its less expensive? :D

3. wmcwmc

wmcwmc Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Sumwhere
    How about: Reasons why going to a real game store is better buying from the app store?
    I got 1~ You don't have to go through iTunes...

4. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Yes because iTunes is so terrible;)

I got 1 for why the app store is better ~ because with the money that you would've spent on gas you can buy another game/games:D

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Insert name of game here. ----> [Search Bar] :D

6. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Okay, here's one:

It allows people too cheap to buy and support quality games and publishers to drown the rest of us in crappy 99 cent games.

7. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Easily the number 1 reason is because it never closes - not even for holidays!

Although the pants thing is a close second now that I think about it!

8. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    Not all 99 cent games are crappy. There are a lot of quality 99 cent games that really shouldn't be 99 cents.

9. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    There are plenty of awesome 99 cent games. Sure most of them are pretty bad but that still means there are plenty of great 99 cent games. Nintaii, Doodle Jump, Geo Defense, the Cartoon Wars series are some of the best 99 cent games I've ever spent.

10. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    It eliminates the problems and costs associated with physical media. Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be if every one of your iPhone games came on a physical memory device, even as small as a microSD?

11. ScottColbert

Yes, I was simply being snarky. I have a load of good to great 99 cent games, but I've also tried and deleted three times as many awful to bad 99 cent games (just as I have with more expensive games).

My point was-in my smart ass way- the issue of price really needs to die. Cheap DOESN'T mean better. Of course, you can pay a lot for crap as well, that isn't nearly as common as crappy cheaper games.

I just wish games were debated upon based on quality and entertainment as opposed to price. If a game is good, I don't really care what the price is; if something is worth buying, it's worth buying, period.

12. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    a doodle jump cartridge... LOL

13. Osmiral

Nov 19, 2009
    That is my exact same view on the subject. If it's a good game, I don't much care about the price.

14. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I could not disagree more. Doodle Jump is a great game, no doubt, but how great would you be feeling if you shelled out 100 bucks for it? Price determines a lot, not in game quality, but in game value

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

it's awesome to know that you can't get a refund.

16. ScottColbert

Sorry but that's a load of crap. Value is in the eye of the beholder, and not something that has a monetary value.

I never see bitching about prices on the PSP, DS, PS3, Wii, etc, unless it's regarding an overpriced, ultra short expansion pack. Apps for the iPhone breed more whining over price than anything I've seen.

As for your example of Doodle Jump-for me it was only okay-but I knew when I got it, it wasn't my favorite type of game; so no matter what price I pay, I'm not going to see it as a lot of game value no matter the price (I won't comment on your price tag of 100 dollars-it's just too silly and unrealistic).

17. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I like the impulse buy factor of shopping on the App Store. I'm not going to just go to a $60 game in Gamestop and go "That looks sort of fun, I'll get it". But, I can do that on the AppStore, since most games are less than $5.

18. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Instant gratification. You never have to wait to get home to play it.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    For me the biggest deal is not dealing with cartridges in the first place. I love carrying around a device in my pocket with dozens of games installed -- I can play what I feel like when I feel like it.

20. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    You don't have to stand in a queue behind someone who smells like they have shat themself.