World of Midgard clon of World of warcraft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elevas30, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elevas30

elevas30 Active Member

Feb 28, 2011
    #1 elevas30, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    Hi everyone! im new here! , another day i found out in youtube a proyect of iphone games called "world of midgard" i think that it will be the best ambitious mmorpg until today. here videos

Twitter ..... http://mobile.twitter.com/WorldOfMidgard

the channel of youtube is "www.worldofmidgard.com" they upload videos each 3 days about (sorry my english is very bad im spanish xD lol)
    i copy comments of youtube here for have a idea about the future game...

when we play with it?

@worldofmidgard if no big tech problems 1st version may be in 4 months

Will be traduced in others languagues or only at english ..

@worldofmidgard It will be in English for now but in future who know.

it will have mages ? i love mages!

@worldofmidgard First version will have Fighter, Cleric, Mage, Rogue

will be open world or only dungeons..?

@worldofmidgard Open world with relatively big zones connected with portals and dungeons,
    Well, all mmorpg games have some similar mmorpg genre specific mechanics but game itself is 100% original. A few things: all classes can heal (support heals) including fighter and rogue. All classes can rez. Rogue can give party buff too (dodge) and tons of other spec unique for this game (not to mention totally original lore)

@worldofmidgard we will ride horse or other flying creatures ? and.. have we got pets ?

We want to release game as fast as possible so first version will not have mounts of pets to release the game fast. This is also the reason why Ranger class (with battle pet) will not be in first version. But both mounts (riding) and pet will be supporte in updates as well as planned Ranger class. We do no plan flying mounts because it does no makes much sense on mobile device. will be playable on both iPad 1 and iPad 2 plus on iPhone 3&4 and iPod 3&4

Will it be 100% free or their will be in-game purchases?

@worldofmidgard Plan is for game to be free with item shop but we will do item shop development after game is done and playable with a few areas. Until item shop finished game will be free for 2 zones and then $1.99. We will try to add new zone every 2 months until currently planed 20 zones done.

If i may ask what script dude you use for the engine?

@worldofmidgard Unity Pro 3D is used as graphics engine (so after iPad / iPhone version finished we will do Android version too)

Is wom will be free with purchases? So armours better, pets, ridding.. and
    Will be there pvp and enemy factions?

@worldofmidgard 2 faction: Alliance and Fury. 5x5 battleground (capture the flag and first to kill X), 1x1 arena with ratings, pvp gear set too.

will be territory pvp ? for example if i see a fury and im alliance i can kill him ?

@worldofmidgard there will be separate PvE and PvP servers. On PvP server you can. In first version open work PvP will start in 3rd zone (2 starting zones are for faction only). With later updates each next zone on PvP server will be open world PvP.

@worldofmidgard Game client is using Unity 3D. Unity allows to build for different platforms so we will do Android phones and tables the only question is when. Since we are small team we want to first release on iOS and then after beta bug hunting is done for Android. There is also plan to make facebook in-browser version so you can play the same game either on facebook (Mac and PC) or mobile device (we need to change controls for that version so it will come last probably)

Which will be the maximun level allowed at game? How much level will rising with the 3 starting zones of the first beta?

@worldofmidgard level cap 18 for first 3-zone version. Two max level (at lvl 18) 5-man normal and expert mode dungeons and 3 small (1 boss each) dungeons on the way to 18. Four types of mobs per area + 5 types per dungeon.

there will be various types talents of the class for example fire mage , arcane mage ,frost mage

@worldofmidgard This is not a clone of WoW where you have those types of mages. In World of Midgard are so called "destiny paths" where you can invest points in traits. Destiny path allows to customize class abilities but it works different than in WoW.

when we can see a video with various caracters in combat ,casting spell and with a cute interface of game ? :) i loved to see it
    how many are dps in game with iphone 3g about ? and How much longer weigh the game about (in megabytes ) thanks for answer me :)

@worldofmidgard on iPhone 3 it's currently (before optimization) between 23-30 fps (movies in theaters are 24fps) with 5 characters fighting a few mobs in dungeon. We are not ready to show fight yet. I think we can show first fight video in 2-3 weeks. Current build is 54MB but it will go higher probably well over 100MB so it's best to download it using iTunes not direct on phone (but still possible on phone)

sound very interesting and it will be to posibility that trade with other gamers ?

@worldofmidgard Yes trading with other players will work from 1st version.

@worldofmidgard Game will be for all iOS devices (except gen 1) and later on all less than 2 years old Android phones. For iPad 2 and tegra we shooting for 60 fps. For phones 25-40 fps.

This is everything i wait to help everybody and im sorry my english :(

2. Ezak

Ezak Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    oh this looks good :D

3. mrgooseman17

mrgooseman17 Active Member

Jan 31, 2011
    jizzed myself!

4. elevas30

elevas30 Active Member

Feb 28, 2011
    i like be a betatester :(

5. Lsatblu

Lsatblu Active Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Looks great. Wish you would consider adding the flying mounts though. Even on an iPhone those would be sweet.

6. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    wow. ambitious. looks great so far.

7. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    too ambitious, people will be expecting too much and this will fail. Looks great though. Work out ALL the bugs, once its ready.

8. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Looks very promising! Will be watching this

9. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Now that's what I'm talking about! Pocket Legends is fun, but I'd much rather play as a smokin hot elf than a bear with a sword :D

10. elevas30

elevas30 Active Member

Feb 28, 2011
    lol ,well i wait that this game will finished in june ... i cant wait it for play!!

11. elevas30

elevas30 Active Member

Feb 28, 2011
    the said too ... "Fame rate is between 25-35 so quite good for the number of polygons used."

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Aren't some of those models stolen from wow? I really doubt this will see the light of day is so.

13. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Thats horrible, imagine it on 3G devices...

14. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    Looks really awesome. I like it!!!! Looking forward to get more info about it.

15. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    nope. looks like all new models to me.

16. elevas30

elevas30 Active Member

Feb 28, 2011
    The game is very fluid you can see in videos and it is beta not gold ;)

17. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    omg!!!!
    awesome trailer!!!
    looking foward to this game!!

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  19. Slyy

Slyy Active Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Look great !
    I hope we will find a atmosphere as WoW...