Light Apprentice by Amazu Media [$2,99 -> FREE] + promo codes

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by iggynore, Dec 31, 2016.

1. iggynore

iggynore Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Hi everyone,

We would just like to celebrate new years with the Touch Arcade community giving away some promo codes!

We have just recently gotten the app back from our defunct publisher so we would kindly ask for your support by trying out our game and telling us what you think/leaving a review if possible.

Here is some of the new promo art:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And here are the codes:

Chapter 2:
    M79HT6PM377R
    LP4RXJFRWWF9
    XMR4JMRHNAT7
    K9T99E7J9J4R
    47JFJM6AP73X

Chapter 3:
    76XYXYTMXXTE
    9YHXXPXAJEHY
    A3JHRLK4HLFY
    FM7XNXYMKTJR
    HE4JP4NPJ4KL

We hope you enjoy the game!

- The Light Apprentice Dev Team

2. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    All codes used and not 1 thank you. I guess I should say I'm surprised but it appears people today don't have manners and saying, Thank you" is a lost phrase.

3. iggynore

iggynore Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Wow, that was fast... DM me and I'll send you one.

Here are a few for the iPad Pro version:

R4MMW4H9W9HX
    AWA77KLW9E7H
    LEXEYMXE9TTN

4. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Took the first Pro code, thanks! Other ones were used.

5. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Game looks good, I'll at least try the free first part. Thanks!

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Looks like fun from the first few minutes of playing.
    Only odd thing: I was sure Nate's a girl :p
    And that I can't save everywhere is not good, you might want to change that.

Happy new year to all and sundry!

7. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #7 Yanagi, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Wow, 10 free promo codes given away and not a single post of gratitude. (Apart from one after the second wave of codes.)

The game looks pretty interesting and it deserves a shot! I will definitely make the purchase if I get past chapter one. Thank you for sharing with us your game. :)

8. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Shame. Game looks gorgeous. didnt even know it existed. good luck to the developers. Hopefully those offending users will at least post a review to help promote the game!

I have downloaded the first episode and will give it a spin later.

9. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Get over yourself. Devs post these codes to hopefully generate interest and SALES. Not to collect meaningless "thank you's".

Hopefully this helps them out as I played the game when it first came out (read their explanation) and it's pretty damn good.

10. iggynore

iggynore Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Hi, thank you for the kind words about our game!

We do distribute promo codes to generate awareness to our game, but when we do that we also risk people using it in bad faith (i.e. grabbing it and not even playing the game; selling it to their friends or the internet; etc). So from a more humane point of view (we're not robots nor corporate executives), I think it's great that people show appreciation to compensate. When a dev doesn't make money of the game they put years of effort on, acts like these help keep things on track, so they're not really meaningless :)

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not to mention it's just basic human decency. If anyone needs to get "over himself" (boy, do I hate that phrase) is MasonHurst.

12. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I really enjoyed this game. (Chapter 1) previously.
    I think I'll install it again!

13. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    #13 Bethor, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    I know why devs post the codes, I am just shocked how people can't be bothered to say, "Thank you" so, you might want to put down your pitchfork because I made the same comment others have made on other posts where codes were taken without saying thank you.

I do agree that this game is a really good game. My daughter and I only had a little time to play but so far we really liked it. The game is very easy to play and the story is engaging so my daughter has the urge to read what is happening. I hope to write more later today but my daughter won't let me play unless she is around.

I do encourage parents of young children to sit with them and help them read the story because this is so interactive my daughter can't wait to see what is going to happen next.

Great job on the game!

14. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Dev: I like your new promo art!!

15. iggynore

iggynore Member

Jul 3, 2014
    That sounds very interesting! We're not aiming at this audience (parents playing with their kids) but we definitely don't want to exclude you. Please let us know how it continues. One thing worries me though is that in chapter 3 there's a scene with a female character, let's say, half naked, and I'd like to know if you think it's improper. It's the only one in the whole game, and I'd like to know if it would rule the whole game out for you because of that. If you're not in chapter 3 yet, I can DM you the image.

Thanks a lot! You mean the screenshots, right?

Or do you mean this one?

[​IMG]

For the screenshots, the feedback we got so far is that it doesn't show much of actual gameplay. Does it bother you?