Get Love Struck!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Art Whirled, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art Whirled

Art Whirled Active Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Game Designer
    San Francisco
    Hello All! I wanted to share some info with all of you about a great game that I've had the honor to work on recently.

The game will be out on the APP Store very soon. I think we're going to submit to apple next week.

The dev team is also manufacturing this game as a traditional board game.

The game is called Struck, and it's a wonderful little board game. If you like Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, chances are, you're going to love Struck.

The goal in Struck is to reach the far end of the board with all four of your pieces.

What's very cool and very unique about the game is you can CHANGE THE LAYOUT OF THE BOARD!! You do this by changing the "polarity" of the squares on the board. You can also chance the polarity of your pieces. It's complex but very simple at the same time.

I'm a huge Chess, Checkers and Backgammon fan, and this game fits right in that same category of classic board games. The learning curve and difficulty is probably right between Chess and Checkers i'd say, and like Backgammon, you roll a dice.

Just considering that there has never really been a game quite like this before makes this very exciting, and I'm very excited to see how it does on the APP store.

It's been a long time since a new classic came out, and i think this is it! Just ask their HUGE list of game testers. Out of all indie games I've seen in development, I've never seen so many testers. This game is really fun, and you can play online.

Also, if you like games like Shift, or Ikaruga, i think you'll really appreciate Struck.

Here is a little promo video one of the developers put together -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnU_BqipOq4

I'll be sure to reply to any questions, and I'll send more updates about the game soon. We'll have a website up and running within a week or so. In the mean time, please become on a fan on facebook -

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/STRUCK/98633788037?ref=nf

Attached Files:

2. stnsn

stnsn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    So after watching the video i still can't figure out what this is about...

But if this really is a boardgame and in any way connected to Checkers, Backgammon and/or Chess i can't see in the slightest, what this could have to do with Shift or Ikaruga.

3. Art Whirled

Sep 16, 2009
    Game Designer
    San Francisco
    #3 Art Whirled, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    Not quite "connected"

"Connected" isn't really the right word, sorry for the confusion. It's not connected to chess, checkers or backgammon. But Struck is within the same vein as many classic strategy board games. Ikaruga and Shift handle the idea of polarity in a similar way as Struck. There is a very significant feeling of control over the character and the entire environment when you have that kind of control of every scenario. Struck will stand out as its own game, and is by no means, is it connected to any of the above games. But if you like any of the above games, you should absolutely try Struck.

Struck is a game of strategy and luck, and you must learn to use your luck wisely. In one sitting, a game of Struck can last 30 - 60 minutes. Taking risks is frequent, and at the end of a game the board looks entirely different than it did from the start. It's difficult to explain Struck exactly, esspscially in so few words. We'll post a video of the game soon.

Thanks for your reply, I will happily answer all questions.

4. stnsn

stnsn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Ah, alright. Thanks for clearing this up. Looking forward to a video with actual gameplay. Your second description made me kinda excited (<- not in any freakish way ;))

How far are you into developing the game? i.e. when will this probably be submitted to Apple?

5. Art Whirled

Sep 16, 2009
    Game Designer
    San Francisco
    Release date

The game is finished. We will be submiting to apple very soon. We are still trying to decide if we want to work with a publisher.

Included in the game are:

-4 board layouts, each one malleable, with unique pieces, colors and artwork.
    -Six music tracks, with ability to skip track(s) in-game (or listen to your own music.)
    -tutorial
    -Instrucktions on how to play
    -tips
    -puzzles (move piece from point "a" to point "b" in a certain amount of moves).
    -online play (play up to ten different games at a time.)
    -pass and play

The lite version will include:

-pass and play
    -one board layout
    -tutorial
    -puzzles
    -tips
    -instrucktions
    -two music tracks

I imagine the game will be available within a month. I'll be sure to announce it, and will be posting more before then.

Thanks for reading!!

6. Art Whirled

Sep 16, 2009
    Game Designer
    San Francisco