Scurvy Scallywags by Beep Games -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Royce, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011

Scurvy Scallywags

Beep Games, Inc.
    "Scurvy Scallywags is an enormous breath of fresh air if you've been spending a bunch of time with the current generatio…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Scurvy Scallywags is an enormous breath of fresh air if you've been spending a bunch of time with the current generation of match-3 games." - Touch Arcade "Here's our bold statement of the day: Scurvy Scallywags is what every puzzle game secretly wants to be like." - Jay is Games A musical match-3 RPG brimming with pirates, ships, loot, and more gold than you can shake your rusty hook at! Move your pirate around the board by matching 3 or more tiles. With each match, the board shifts in the direction you swiped. Collect treasure as you visit mysterious jungle, desert, ice, and fire islands to reassemble a legendary Ultimate Sea Shanty. Fight to the death with evil pirates and monsters. Or, blast them with your arsenal of handy skills! * Universal App & iCloud for pirates on the go! Pick up exactly where you left off on any device. * Choose from 100 hats, shirts, swords, heads, and more to customize your pirate. * Use special skills to dodge enemies, collect extra loot, or win epic boss battles. * Build countless (okay, nine) different ships that improve your pirate’s buffs and stats. * Complete side quests and 50 GameCenter achievements -- you’ll be plundering for days. * Great replay value! Randomly generated islands keep the game going after completing the Ultimate Sea Shanty. * Share your exploits and pictures of your pirate with built-in Facebook and Twitter.
    Information
    Seller:Beep Games, Inc.
    Genre:Puzzle, Role Playing
    Release:Jun 06, 2013
    Updated:Sep 15, 2017
    Version:1.1.0
    Size:88.4 MB
    User Rating: (61)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Seems really good, is it peeps?

3. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    This and 1million are subjectively the best match-3 games on iOS

4. bhornburg

bhornburg Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Super great, personally my favorite match-3 game. I've dumped money into IAP for this game (u don't need to for enjoyment btw) simply because I wanted to give the dev more money. Warning: extremely addictive!

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#5 Habakuk, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It's a solid match 3 experience for certain, but I found it a bit on the easy side. Definitely get it if you didn't get it last time it was free since it does match 3 with a little more purpose.

7. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    No doubt it's a great game and don't miss chance to get it in Free

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It is a bit easier, but at least it doesnt give me any ideas that the AI is cheating, just like in PQ1. :D

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Download to have this game with free price immediately!

10. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    When this game got free for the first time ive snag it and i really enjoyed the twist.

But i dont play this game over other good titles i have

11. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I enjoyed playing it, but when my character died and I had to start all the way over again at the beginning that kind of killed it for me.

12. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    It's Free again

13. Jef Crisis

Jef Crisis Member

Jun 12, 2013
    yaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh!

14. Emotive

Emotive Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Great White North
    Not free in Canada it seems.

15. parkerpunk

parkerpunk New Member

Jan 6, 2013
    I got it in Canada. Free.

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    You will like the game while playing it. Sure!

17. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    bump free again

TA Review 5/5 http://toucharcade.com/2013/06/07/scurvy-scallywags-review/

148 Review 4/5 http://www.148apps.com/reviews/scurvy-scallywags-review/

Scurvy Scallywags

Beep Games, Inc.
    "Scurvy Scallywags is an enormous breath of fresh air if you've been spending a bunch of time with the current generatio…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Scurvy Scallywags is an enormous breath of fresh air if you've been spending a bunch of time with the current generation of match-3 games." - Touch Arcade "Here's our bold statement of the day: Scurvy Scallywags is what every puzzle game secretly wants to be like." - Jay is Games A musical match-3 RPG brimming with pirates, ships, loot, and more gold than you can shake your rusty hook at! Move your pirate around the board by matching 3 or more tiles. With each match, the board shifts in the direction you swiped. Collect treasure as you visit mysterious jungle, desert, ice, and fire islands to reassemble a legendary Ultimate Sea Shanty. Fight to the death with evil pirates and monsters. Or, blast them with your arsenal of handy skills! * Universal App & iCloud for pirates on the go! Pick up exactly where you left off on any device. * Choose from 100 hats, shirts, swords, heads, and more to customize your pirate. * Use special skills to dodge enemies, collect extra loot, or win epic boss battles. * Build countless (okay, nine) different ships that improve your pirate’s buffs and stats. * Complete side quests and 50 GameCenter achievements -- you’ll be plundering for days. * Great replay value! Randomly generated islands keep the game going after completing the Ultimate Sea Shanty. * Share your exploits and pictures of your pirate with built-in Facebook and Twitter.
    Information
    Seller:Beep Games, Inc.
    Genre:Puzzle, Role Playing
    Release:Jun 06, 2013
    Updated:Sep 15, 2017
    Version:1.1.0
    Size:88.4 MB
    User Rating: (61)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

18. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I don't usually play match 3 games, but when I do I play Scurvy Scallywags... And also 10000000.

19. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    This is okay, but it gets repetitive, fast. Boring story. And the battles end up being grind-fests, making the matches to keep the bad guys away from your character. Not sure why it gets so much love.

20. CrossbowRules

CrossbowRules Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up!