iPhone Fabled Lands I iPad RPG to be released very soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ninievre, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Ninievre

Ninievre Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    CEO, Megara
    [​IMG]

Greetings

After no less than 2 years of development and 30 people working on the project, I'm pleased to announce that Fabled Lands I for iPad will be released very soon !

Description :

SET OUT ON A JOURNEY OF FABULOUS ADVENTURE
    - IN LANDS BEYOND THE LIMIT OF YOUR IMAGINATION

THE ULTIMATE 2D RPG FOR YOUR iPAD ! COMING SOON IN EARLY 2011

Choose for yourself what role to play, where to go and what to do.

In THE WAR-TORN KINGDOM, revolution rages in Sokara.You can join forces with the king to restore his throne - or look for profit in the pay of the dictator, Grieve Marlock. Use fighting skills or sorcery, bribery or skulduggery to survive the assassins in the city backstreets.

Descend to the sewers of Yellowport to defeat the vile rat-king, Skabb. Retrieve the golden net of the gods from the Repulsive Ones deep beneath the sea - and use the rewards of your victories to travel beyond the boundaries of the known world.

Your journeys will bring you foes and friends, danger and triumph, fortune and fame - and more adventures than you have ever dreamed of. Role-playing as you've never known it before - in the perilous world of the FABLED LANDS.

More information and... screenshots galore !! on the Fabled Lands apps community website
    http://megara-entertainment.com/

Thank you
    Mikael "Ninievre" LOUYS
    CEO - Megara Entertainment

2. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    Oh, how I wish that this was coming for the iPhone/iPod Touch as well. Heck, I may buy it anyway for the eventuality of owning an iPad; I had a couple dozen apps ready to install by the time I bought an iPod Touch.

For anyone who doesn't know, Fabled Lands was a fantasy roleplaying gamebook series (like Fighting Fantasy and Lone Wolf) but with a couple of really unique features. First, the gameplay was completely open-ended/sandbox style: you could wander around, go back and forth between cities on foot or by ship, take quests, invest money, ship cargo and more. The game doesn't end, and even if you manage to complete every quest you find, the commerce system and random encounters between areas could keep you playing for as long as you wish.

Second (and I don't know if this will translate to the App or not), the gamebooks could be combined. If you chose a certain passage in Gold and Glory it would lead you to a passage in The War-Torn Kingdom. And it worked both ways (or all six ways for the books that were released), so if you had all of them, you had this huge open world in which to adventure. It is the closest that gamebooks ever got to traditional tabletop role-playing games in terms of scope.

3. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Wow, never heard of this book series and I was all over fighting fantasy and lone wolf books as a kid. Gonna see if I can hunt down hard copies of these.

And yeah, wish it was iPhone :)

4. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Library circulation rep
    Beaufort, SC
    It may have been "after your time" (it was after mine, at least). The books initially came out in '95 and '96, so a good ten years after the golden age of gamebooks.

Most of the originals cost a pretty penny used, but they are being re-released starting in December, and should be available via Amazon.

5. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I am so stoked about this release. Having owned the books for some time now.

6. Ninievre

Jun 13, 2009
    CEO, Megara
    Hello again,

Don't hesitate to subscribe to or browse the Fabled Lands apps boards for those Fabled Lands iPad apps and their FAQ (and for new info on the Fabled Lands saga revival and its new products in the pipeline)

The official boards for the upcoming Fabled Lands apps are located here :

http://fabledlandsmegara.forumactif.com/

Or click on the "Forums" button via the main Megara Entertainment website.

Many thanks, and hope to see you in Sokara,

Mikael "Ninievre" LOUYS

7. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Sounds interesting! :)

8. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    No screenshot(s)?

9. Ninievre

Jun 13, 2009
    CEO, Megara
    There are about 30 screenshots in game, beta version, on the Fabled Lands apps community website here :
    http://megara-entertainment.com/

Thank you
    Mikael "Ninievre" LOUYS