iStyle is Available. More Promo Codes.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Maeko, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Maeko

Maeko Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Hi everyone. We've released iStyle, a fashion game. It is available for $0.99 http://itunes.com/apps/iStyle .

Here are more Promo Codes. Post which one is taken, and please leave an honest review. Would be nice to get some female perspective so please show your girlfriends, wives or kids. Enjoy

JFJPJFRT4RW4
    KX9HMW7MJ4LL
    A3YLMT6WRYYJ
    NAMXW3TY4R7N
    RAJ3H3EA46NK

2. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    ..... first time nobody has cared about codes...including me.....

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    well the game doesnt interest me

4. This looks awesome. Don't think it'll be for toucharcade crowd though but for those with young daughters like myself they'll spend hours on this.

5. Maeko

Maeko Member

Apr 9, 2009
    mrbass you are right!

It is intended for girls, ladies and younger audiences. A lot of games are violent and high in difficulty that the female audience turns away to. iStyle tries to address that. Easy to use and very creative. Currently over 10,000 combinations are available, and more with the next update.

6. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    All codes gone

daughter = sad :(

7. Maeko

Maeko Member

Apr 9, 2009
    hi djflippy

Oh look I found another code...

8. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    If this game had nudity in it would probably sell millions.

I like the concept, but lets be for real here. I don't think I need my little girl (or my wife for that matter) wants to play a game featuring a sexy chick in her underwear. I think you are misleading people with your real target audience - horny teen boys. :p

9. Maeko

Maeko Member

Apr 9, 2009
    This is not meant to be misleading. If it was for horny teen boys, we would have featured little fancy underwear pieces and large breasts. Please don't think of of the game that way. There is only 1 piece of underwear and it has to be there or else the model would be nude, and we are not making that game. Our Lite version will be out soon. I hope you will give it a try then. Thanks!

10. #10 mrbass, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    My daughter absolutely loves istyle. She played it whole time while we were watching fringe last night. Here's some stuff she came up with. What really make this a great title is the endless combinations. There is a site (gonna search for it) and it has 10,000 of premade shirts, dresses, etc. In other words it has a green dress, red dress, yellow dress all the same style and they pick whatever to equip the model. iStyle keeps selection to a minimum you just select the hairstyle, type of dress and then can change them any color you wish.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

See here is a typical flash game but the dress colors are pre picked and no way to change the color.
    [​IMG]

11. Maeko

Maeko Member

Apr 9, 2009

Our pieces also layer properly just as they do in real life. Sweater would go over shirts and jackets would go over sweaters no matter which order you select.

Now if more kids could get a hold of this they will have fun. :)

12. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    OMG, it is like Fashion Plates for the iPod Touch!

I missed on the codes because I am at work and cannot redeem without iTunes. :(

My cousin's daughter is saving up for an iPod Touch. I will be sure to tell her about this game. She will LOVE it!

13. Papaluchi

Papaluchi New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I think my daughter would love this game. If you have another code id love to give it a try and wil definetly give u a review

14. snoderlye

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    All codes are gone. I checked as soon as I walked in the door. Yes this is a girlie game.

I adored fashion plates when I was a kid. I would make and remake every outfit with every design. It was fun.

I am sure pre-teen and teen girls would love this game.

15. link please? Any other's on appstore like this? Suzy Dress Up and Make a Martian and possibly Hairstyle. So far istyle appears to be the best.

16. snoderlye

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    Fashion Plates was an toy from the eighties. You placed several thin plates of heads, upper body, lower body in a kit and used a crayon sideways to create a woman with fashion outfits. And then you would color them in with colored pencils.

I played with this for many hours. Used tons of paper.

Here is a link to Retroland for Fashion Plates: http://www.retroland.com/pages/retropedia/toys/item/2585/

17. Maeko

Maeko Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Sorry all codes were used up. We will release a Lite version next month. I hope you and your kids can try it out. We are also working on an update with more styles and abilities. :)