Lucas Arts games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by aburttcu, Aug 6, 2012.

1. aburttcu

aburttcu Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Can we get a petition started or something to get Lucas Arts to port over some of their great old titles? Maniac Mansion, Loom, Zombies Ate My neighbor, Day of the tentacle, the dig etc etc.

2. SOLIDzizou

SOLIDzizou Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Guadalajara, México.
    i think this is the wrong section dude, you should've posted this on "general"... i do want some star wars games ported for my iPod though.

3. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    And Grim Fandango. And where's Monkey Island 3?

4. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Lucas Arts has been one of the best PS3 game developers. I have all the LEGO Star Wars games, and would love to see them on iOS. The problem is, LEGO Star Wars is too old now to be ported over to Apple. It's been going for years.

Also, LEGO Indiana Jones, that was a great title. Love to see that ported.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, have most of the graphic novels (about 100!), love the games but when it comes to iOS Lucasarts are terrible.

Their old games which have since been removed were pretty poor.

Would love to see Dark Forces 1 or 2 ported over (Like Duke Nukem/Doom), Rogue Squadron i think would be brilliant on iOS with tilt.

They seem to be sat on a huge catalogue of games but for whatever reason are simply ignoring iOS. I was hoping when that other company lost the SW iOS contract we might suddenly get a great set of games from a new publisher working with Lucasarts but nope.

Very very disappointing when it comes to Star Wars and iOS

6. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    There are several of the original Monkey Island games in the app store and they are pretty good ports. It is VERY odd to me that companies don't dust off some older games in their catalog and port them to iOS. I don't know what type of investment this would be, but seems like they could make a mint on games. I could name 100 old PC games that I'd buy again for the iPad (with my top choice being XCOM which seems very suitable for this platform).

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    100% agree. That company 'DotEmu', dont they take old arcade games and repackage them for iOS (Think SNK paid them to do Metal Slug).

To me its 'easy money' (Granted theres more to it than that !), but theres so many old arcade games or PC games which could be ported. They just gather dust at the moment, such a waste. Port port port !