IT'S ALIVE! - The Monster Building Board Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jmaher, Oct 25, 2011.

1. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    I'm pleased to announce that IT'S ALIVE! - Yehuda Berlinger's Monster-Building Game - is coming to life on iOS just in time for Halloween!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This official adaptation of the indie board/card game features the original illustrations by RH Aidley. Match your wits against four unique AI (computer) opponents. Two to five players can compete with pass and play on a single device. Save and resume single and multiplayer games at any time. Includes an illustrated in-game rules manual, and a horror-themed full orchestral musical score.

Play mad scientist, competing to be the first to collect all eight body parts and bring your monster to life! Each turn, buy a part, sell it for a meager profit, or offer it for auction. You might be lucky enough to get a coffin, which can be used in place of any body part. But after a while, you're sure to provoke a villager uprising!

This Universal App, designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, should be available this week with special Halloween Launch Pricing of just 99 cents!

Give it a try. I know you're just dying to play!

http://www.itsalivegame.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Its-Alive-for-iOS/241145935932850

2. Gnome

Gnome Well-Known Member

This was totally unexpected! Yehuda's brilliant -and pretty hard to find- board game on iOS? Why, yes please! And I never thought it could be this cheap. An instant buy for me apparently.

3. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    Gnome, thanks for the kind words and mention on your site!

For those of you that don't know, Yehuda Berlinger is a respected independent game designer (of board and card games) living in Israel. In 2005, he created The Menorah Game, a set-collection, auction, and money management game with a Hanukkah theme. After shopping it around to board game publishers, he agreed to let Jackson Pope and Reiver Games re-theme the game and release it as It's Alive!

The game was fairly successful, with hundreds (thousands?) of copies produced and sold. Tanga offered it not too long ago, and you can find it on Amazon. It is a fun, short game, with striking artwork by RH Aidley. Earlier this year, Reiver Games stopped production, and in July, Yehuda announced on his blog that he was looking for a new publisher. I contacted him about creating mobile electronic versions of the game, he agreed to license the game to me, and here we are!

4. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    IT'S ALIVE! for iOS Now Available

Apple has approved IT'S ALIVE! and it's now available in the App Store:
    http://bit.ly/rHXPKA

Download today with special Halloween Launch Pricing of just 99 cents!

5. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Well, you sold me. :) Art looks amazing, game sounds interesting, and there just aren't enough horror themed board games on the app store.

First purchase in a good long while too.

6. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
  7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fun little card game! :)

(Async) multiplayer would be fantastic for this game!

8. jmaher

jmaher Active Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Papillion, NE
    I agree that online multiplayer would work well for this game, since so much of it is hidden/private information. I had hoped at one point to include support for multiple devices in the initial release, but I am a solo developer, and it soon became clear that the time investment required wouldn't fit into my development schedule. I still hope to add it at some point in the future.

Glad you're enjoying the game. Thanks for your support!