1000 Heroz - Imagine a Game That Lasts 1000 Days (from RedLynx)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tf53, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tf53

Tf53 Member

Mar 14, 2011
    PR & Marketing Manager, RedLynx
    Helsinki, Finland
    #1 Tf53, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    [​IMG]

RedLynx proudly presents 1000 Heroz, a game that offers you something new to play every day -- for 1000 days.

[​IMG]

1000 Heroz is an original mixture of platforming and racing. You run and jump through a level to get to the finish as fast as you can. Think of Trials HD meets Mario. There's also a unique twist: You get something new to play every day -- for 1000 days.

[​IMG]

Yes, 1000 days. Every day, a new level will open up. Your job is to get the best possible time. Every day, there will be new Leader Boards, so every day gives you a new chance to top the list. The faster your time, the more points you'll get, and the further you'll nudge ahead on the All-Time Leader Boards.

Past levels aren't forgotten, and you can collect stars, gold and relics from all of the levels released so far on any given day.

You can also set up a Custom League with your friends to see who owns and who gets owned. But remember, every day the tables can be turned. As we say here at RedLynx, "New day, new bragging rights."

[​IMG]

Every day, a new hero will be introduced. Every one of the 1000 Heroz has their own story to tell and their own signature Relic to find. As you travel through history, you'll meet Heroz from various ages ranging from The Ancient Age of Hungry Lizards to The Nasty Age of Shivering in The Dark to The Age of Happy Motoring.

The Heroz come in various sizes and shapes, and each will have their own characteristic weight and speed, which will affect how they run and jump. Variation in the Heroz' design will keep the game fresh and interesting.

[​IMG]

Every day, you'll get the chance to find a hidden treasure that once belonged to the Hero of the day. There will be 1000 Relics in total, and all of them have been hand-drawn and colored. Each Relic has also a description that tells you how the Relic and Hero are intertwined.

Your Relics will be gathered into your Hall of Records, which will expand as you keep playing 1000 Heroz. The gold you collect on your journey will also be placed into the Hall of Records. There will also be Leader Boards for gold hoarders, so if you're not the fastest, you can always become the greediest.

[​IMG]

Reveal trailer

Original teaser trailer

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1000 Heroz will be released for the iPhone and iPad in June 2011. The pricing will be $0.99 for the iPhone version and $1.99 for the iPad version.

1000 Heroz has full GameCenter, OpenFeint and Retina Display support.

1000 Heroz is co-developed by RedLynx and Traplight Games. Helsinki, Finland-based RedLynx is best known for the XBLA hit Trials HD as well as iPhone titles such as DrawRace and the Monster Trucks Nitro series. Tampere, Finland-based Traplight Games is known for their iPhone title Hero.

If you have any questions about the game, you can ask them in this thread or via PM, and I'll do my best to answer them. If you'd like a review copy, please email me directly at jyri(dot)paavilainen(at)redlynx(dot)com.

2. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    What an interesting concept! Best of luck.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Intriguing... I'll be interested to know if each level is going to be properly designed by hand or just conjured up with some automatic content generator.

4. Tf53

Tf53 Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Helsinki, Finland
    It's a mixture of both, really. The levels consist of hand-designed pieces, which are combined semi-randomly according to a predefined logic. After that, different items are (or aren't) placed in the levels also semi-randomly. In a way, it gives us the best of both worlds. All of the levels will also go through a testing process to make sure every level is up to scratch.

5. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Release date?

Any word on when we'll be able to download, and the file size? Hope it comes out next week!

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Will we be able to go back and play previous levels? If so, will those plays count for the leaderboards? Or will you have separate ones?

7. Tf53

Tf53 Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Helsinki, Finland
    Excellent questions. All of the previous days' levels will remain available, but any improvements you make won't count on the All-Time Leader Boards. Instead, every level has a rating of 1-3 stars (just like the Bronze, Silver and Gold medals in Trials HD) that you can achieve by getting under certain time limits set in the daily contest (varying on the actual speed of players).

Did I manage to clarify the situation?

8. Tf53

Tf53 Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Helsinki, Finland
    Oh, I forgot one thing: All the previous days' relics will also be available for you to collect. So there will always be something for you to do in the previous levels even if you happen to miss them.

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    A game with 1000 levels would be amazing anyway but by redlynx makes it even better.
    Any news on a release date?

10. Tf53

Tf53 Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Helsinki, Finland
    No exact date yet.

11. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This looks like fun and unique concept that keeps getting better over time. However, I have got to ask: how many levels will be available on day 1?

12. lomaelli

lomaelli Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I'm wondering about this too...

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    He answered this right after I posted it ;)

14. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    How many achievements? Also 1000?

15. Tf53

Tf53 Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Helsinki, Finland
    Probably a bit less than that. :)

16. Putosaure

Putosaure Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I'm wondering why making such an epic looking teaser, just compare it to the art style of the game it's kinda... different; was not expecting that.

Anyway, seems interesting to play !

17. Moarite

Moarite Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    This is so special... I'm fully intrigued.

18. alberty

alberty Active Member

Apr 11, 2011
    So what's the total number of levels in 1000 days?

19. Tf53

Tf53 Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Helsinki, Finland
    On the thousandth day, you'll have at least 1000 levels to play. We're still tweaking the content available on the first day, so unfortunately I don't have an answer for that question yet.

20. superzarop

superzarop Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Nice trailers, love how the characters are cute and clumsy. I would recommend a bit more diversity among the heroes though, like a troll hero or a goblin hero, if there isn't any already. Anyways, I'll be one of the first to get it.