iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    If xcom can be universal , why cant this ? Hate games that is ipad only , zzz....

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I don't see how two ships and all the icons needed to control the game could fit on a small iPhone screen without it being cramped, imprecise, and pretty much unplayable

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Dammit, IPad only? Pfff I even held off on out there.. To get this... Oh well... :(

Note to Devs, not everyone has an IPad, please tell me there's plans for universal at some point?

Well, I can always bring up my best argument about missing out on sales blah blah..:(

4. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I don't care if I have to read all the context with a Magnifying glass, they can always have sub menus or something..

Sorry DP?

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Devs already tried and didn't like it. What would the reviews look like? 1 out of 10: unreadable, unplayable, etc. That's not good for a (IMO) 10 out of 10 game.

6. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Because they're quite different games? What kind of stupid question is that? Have you ever actually played this game? Why would they put a crappy version on a small screen if it doesn't work? So you would come here, or review in AppStore saying it sucks because icons are tiny and etc? Seriously...

7. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Exactly this... Maybe the true fans dont have problem to spend 10bucks to read even with magnifying glass the menus and the texts but for the majority of the buyers of a such high price game would mean hundreds of 1star reviews on AppStore... This would affect significant the sales not only from iPhone users but also from iPad users (which the game fits excellent)!

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    These are going to be the longest 24 hours for me in a very long while.

9. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ya I guess, so it's a def. no?...bummer. I haven't been this disappointed about an IPAD only game since well never..

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Any chance this has GC achievements?

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    From what i've seen in the TA preview, this kinda feels like putting you in command of a Star Trek-like setup but with limited crew members. Sounds like a winning formula to me, so i'll wait for a few imps on the touch screen controls before i go in.

Looking forward to imps on this one! Pretty exciting week with this and Monument Valley!

12. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    My name is BoneyCork and I am an FTL addict.

This mobile version is going to destroy my productivity.

13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Unfortunately yes. I'd buy an iPad if I were you. The new iPad mini is a great option.

14. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    #########

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thanks for the video Sanuku, as always it helps pass the time while waiting for the release in my region. :)

16. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I must admit I sympathise with the hurt over the lack of iPhone support, hated iPad only games when I didn't have one (especially turn based ones where reflexes don't matter...ahem Magic).

Here's hoping that the next iPhone will be bigger as predicted and it will mean the beginning of the end for iPad exclusives.

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I would like to know this also.

18. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I can also sympathize with other iOS users that don't have iPad, but there is no " exclusivity " to iPad games, it's just that there is no way possible for some games to shrink so much to iPhone screen and still be playable.
    For FTL precisely, you can see from videos everything is already cramped on iPad screen, ship boxes touch and even go over each other, they would have to move half of controls to make it iPhone compatible.

19. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Oh man, if you haven't played this before then you're just going to love it. It's hands down one of my favourite games of all time, regardless of platform. As long as the port is handled well (and let's face it, it looks perfect) then this is almost guaranteed to win GotY, it really is that good.