Universal Trigger Fist - (by Lake Effect)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    I hope we get more maps down the road.

2. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Still having a hard time playing a online game...I'm seeing all the options but it's always just me until the time runs out. Also don't quite understand how the friend matching works ...basically it sends you to gamecenter where it looks for your friends from GC? For 2 min? Why not look for a matchmaking game for 2 min instead of 3O seconds...with matchmaking I'm sent to the lobby and I always time out in 30 seconds by myself....does that sound right to you guys? Or am I suppose to be sent to GC for a matchmaking game?

3. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    DeadLock Online which uses Game Center for the online mode has 8 human players.
    Although I haven't this game (yet?), I think it's a very good remark/analysis.
    Do you agree with him?

4. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Yes actually I do. First thing I noticed is you die/kill too soon/fast. Whoever sees each other first is gonna win... But it doesn't bother me it's still fun.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    As far as I know, Deadlock Online only uses GC for achievements, leaderboards, user names and save/load profiles. It doesn't use GC for friends, while TF does.

More or less I agree with him, but there's room for skillfull play since the radar does play an important role in the game, and the guns do play a role too, but you need to rank up in order to say which gun suits you better. Same with the classes.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    To me that is very much a counter strike like thing, low hp but more about setting up positions but then I have yet to play this, will buy it for the weekend.

Lack of aiming up and down to me is a brilliant idea, it keeps things super simple yet you can still move around and aim rather quickly without the worry of aiming wrong, for a touchscreen device that is great.

Much as I like nova 3 mp it can be a bit overwealming at times, a game you really need pad support for.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here. I like it that its a more 'basic' deathmatch type game, the computer opponents are surprisingly good, every games different, lots of variety including a 'capture the flag' style game with the bots. Dont have to be online with my ipod so its great.

It might not appeal to hardcore Medal of Honor type multiplayer gamers but i still think the games well worth it

At some point would love a single player game using the graphic style/controls from these guys

8. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm having a hard time finding online matches. Every once in a while someone will join free for all but if we all get a bunch of people added to our friends list, then we can have some pretty good matches..... get some regulars online.

ADD ME: FightingGI

I like this game, I find it a little more difficult than the average shooter on iOS which is a nice change. The AI is pretty tough. I would love to have just an online mode with friends or GC players, something the devs could look into.

Still overall a cool game.

9. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    If Lake Effect is reading this, I HIGHLY suggest that they update the game to include giving the players more Health, and having the health displayed in the form of a "red mist" that appears on the screen when you get shot. At the moment, Health Regeneration is stupid because the moment an enemy sees you, you will die. Regeneration would be a great idea if you had more starting health, and I also think the health should be displayed in "red mist" on the screen if you get shot, kind of like the Modern Combat series for iOS. Other than that, this game is FANTASTIC, and I am looking forward to progressing and unlocking new guns.

10. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    DeadLock uses GameCenter for friends too.

11. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Wanted to buy this game saturday but will probably do so after the first update with maybe the Game Center fix.Wonder if the devs will change things about the health too.

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Finally!

I've finally purchased this game & can't wait to play.

13. xDyNaMiiCx

xDyNaMiiCx Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Health bar is fine, only thing the game needs changed is more maps, fix the ranking. And kick the booster that taken my #1 spot on the leader board.

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Boosters, you gotta hate em. Why do they even bother because it's kinda pointless rigging to have that many kills. Games are meant to be enjoyed, not pointlessly diminished for the proper players.
    I thought gamecenter was more secure than that. Unfortunately it obviously isn't.

15. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    How do I tell the difference classes from each other?

16. xDyNaMiiCx

xDyNaMiiCx Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Well I look at this way. The community knows who's legit and who's not. So we will just erase the booster from the leader boards. Every game those type of bitchmade 12 year old kids always mess things up for online games.

17. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Does anyone else have the problem where on GC it says "not ranked"?.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yep, I have it and some others.
    It's a game centre sync bug but they are in the process of trying to fix it. It will get fixed. But no way of guessing when.

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Scout is the fastest and the Gunner the slowest. Each class has its own primary weapons (Scout->SMG, Gunner->LMG, Rifleman->Assault Rifles) and explosive weapons (Scout->Grenade Launcher, Gunner->RPG, Rifleman->Each rifle has its own grenade launcher).

Didn't know that, I always use the Quick Match option.

Almost every game is victim of this type of hack.

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Exactly.