Social Group Moderation Help

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by JBRUU, Jul 28, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #1 JBRUU, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Got a few questions -
    1) how do I edit/undelete posts as owner?
    2) will it ever be possible to have more than one"group mod" and/or be able to move posts into different threads?
    3) is it possible to sticky threads?

We've been getting a lot of activity lately, and being able to do that, especially the multiple owner thing and editing, would be really handy.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, I beleive vBulletin already supports this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-3-8/vbulletin-3-8-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/378337-social-group-and-mod-privileges

2. #2 Connector, Jul 29, 2013
    Why would you want to be a moderator of a social group? Just because you are the owner of a social group does not give you the powers to edit people's posts here, I think that would be obvious.

The proper way would be to report someone's post, have a moderator look it, and they will edit, delete or ban the user.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That's not the way social groups are run.

4. #4 Connector, Jul 29, 2013
    Well, why don't you explain it to me, cause I am curious too. What rights do owners have in social groups?

I can't believe just because you are an owner means that one is able to edit people's posts. I would think that people posting in any social group would feel safe not having someone else rather than a real TA mod edit their posts.

Otherwise, any owner of any social group would have the ability to post people' s comments and this could have some huge negative consequences.

I know I am not an owner of a group as you, so I do not know the rights of owners, but I would be severely opposed to having someone other than a TA mod edit my posts here on TA, cause like it or not, a social group is still a part of TA, and ultimately, the process would seem to be as any other forum or thread here, report the post, a TA mod will look at it, and edit, delete or ban the item in question.

Maybe you could comment on the rights of social group owners, what can they do? Thanks.

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Literally none.

This thread also sucks.

6. What is a group mod mean then?

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #7 JBRUU, Jul 29, 2013
    Unless you can answer my questions or have something to add to the discussion, I'm not interested in this becoming a social group pros and cons thread.

While I'm on the subject of missing features, why is the TA forum version so outdated?

To answer your question, a group mod is the member who owns the group; they are considered moderators in that group and have most of the powers associated with that title. If you have an issue with that, please create a serparate thread.

8. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    No one said anything about social groups pros or cons.

9. #9 Connector, Jul 29, 2013
    I will have to agree with kj, I don't see any discussion here about the pros vs cons of social groups.

Now, you bring up the topic of the old TA version of forum software, I think the answer is clear, it would cost alot, be hard to port over, and there probably would be some technical issues. But yes, since you mentioned it, maybe TA can answer, I suppose.

10. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    That was kind of the idea.