Super Smash Bros. Clone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoeyLP, Dec 5, 2010.

1. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I'd love to see it happen, and if it did, what would you expect from it?

I'd honestly like it to be a 2D game, and I'd love to see some original created characters and power-ups just for the game.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    gameloft please!

3. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Impossible.

4. Theorian

Theorian Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Hawaii
    NanoMechs (and it's FREE right now)

Okay so it's not a clone, but it's not too far off. And I, the developer, am very interested in clan type battles and more of a super smash brothers style game mode. Please stick with me on this. I have tons of great plans for this game and will continue to add new levels and features. Please take a look and let me know you think! Oh by the way, we have online multiplayer so that is an added bonus.

5. Theorian

Theorian Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Hawaii
    NanoMechs

NanoMechs, is the game I was referring to. It is not a clone of super smash brothers. However it might actually peak your interest since NanoMechs is a similar genre as the one you described to start this thread. Sry I only mentioned NanoMechs in the title of my last post. I can see how that would have been confusing.

6. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    It is absolutely impossible to play smash bros without a joystick, so no.

7. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Dino Smash is very similar with strictly online multiplayer. There are power ups, multiple melee and ranged weapons, and insanely fast run n gun gameplay.

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

nah, dino smash is really nowhere near smash bros. it takes pretty much 0 skill whatsoever.

Nanomechs is a genuinely good game though, and if you're good, you'll come out top. (that sounded kinda weird...)

the controls are great in nanomechs, depsite using tilt, though there is an arrowpad control option for those who would like it.

9. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    omino is a decent clone......i find it hard and the controls are responsive for me.....but others seem to dislike it

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #10 backtothis, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    No skill in Dino? Really? Try winning deathmatch with 20 kills and 0 deaths when there's 11 other players trying to gun your ass. Lol being pretty much the best Dinosmash player, I can safely say it takes much skill. Play me 1v1 and try even hitting me once, and you'll realize you're the one that has no skill. When starting out, you tend to have a 1:3 kill ratio and take over 30 seconds to get to the other side of the map..now it's more like 10:1 and 4 seconds. No games controls are more fluid in Dinosmash and theres genuine competition. I have about 250 hours totaled now for the game, but taking out people with over 1000 hours is a cinch. No I don't play like 5 hour daily, I got it the first day in April 2009..so that's like 15 minutes a day. It's the only game that's stayed on my iPod for over 2 months..I spend over 50 monthly. So yeah, because we don't have any other deathmatch fighter that's decent, Dinosmash is a very appropriate choice.

Nanomechs sucks, it has a control method for Dpad already..its just that it sucks, no fun at all. Hundreds of people play Dinosmash daily in any case. Nanomechs? 3? Lol and I definitely don't suck. I've gunned down 32 AIs in 2 minutes in single player and I don't think I've ever died online due to the lack of decent players. There's no polish, it looks terrible, and just flat out plays terrible.

11. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    There already is a clone of smash brothers on the iphone but unfortunately, it's a horrible horrible game. It's called BashMultiplayer and it has a free version simply titled BashLite.

It copies smash brothers in the damage % battle system, knock-opponent-off-stage fighting, bonus stages with many/giant enemies and right down to the "smash" effect when they get sent offstage.

However, all sprites are dithered and fuzzy with almost no animation. The controls are supposedly explained on the website, but there isn't any explanation to be found. There are no buttons onscreen so the best you can do is touch and swipe randomly. The result is the ugly little sprites gliding around and bumping into each other. To say the game is unpolished is an extreme understatement. This is like that game in Game Maker you made for computer class and never finished. I wouldn't be surprised if the sprites were stolen either.

Be careful what you wish for...

Also Dinosmash and Nanomech aren't Smash Bros clones, those are sidescrolling arena shooters.