Cogs (published by Chillingo) [Submitted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Owl, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    #1 Owl, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
    [​IMG]

So there's a game called Cogs for PC. I absolutely loved it, and I emailed one of the guys who made the game about considering to port it to the iPhone. I received an email this morning in reply:

Hey, [Owl]-

Thanks for the feedback! It's always great to hear from a fan. As it just so happens, an iPhone port is already in the works. It's a lot to do for just one programmer, so it may be a while before it gets to market, but messages like this definitely keep me inspired to keep working.

If you really want to help us keep making games, the best thing you can do is give us a rating on Metacritic or Direct2Drive. And if you're ever interested in designing some Cogs levels of your own, you should give it a try!

- Rob
    Founder, Lazy 8 Studios

I have -never- been so excited for a game in my entire life. Here's a video of the game:

Pure awesomeness. :D

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Awesome!!! Cant wait!

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I've never heard of this game before but after watching that video I have to say it looks brilliant! Can't wait for it to come to the iDevice in fact I might try the game on Steam now. :)

4. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    WOW...simply amazing! Ive been awe struck!

5. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Wow... Amazing stuff.. Its like a puzzle slide version of Crazy Machines. Can't wait :D

6. tel

tel Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    UK
    Wow this looks great!!!

7. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
  8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Thanks for the heads up, Owl!

9. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    It was a lucky find. I was bored and looking through some demos on Steam, and I found the Cogs demo, and started obsessing over it to the point where I decided to send an email~

I've never been mentioned on the front page. It's awesome. :D Thanks :3

The guy I emailed said he'd give me updates whenever he has any, so I'll be sure to post those here.

10. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Looks amazing!

11. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Nowhere, CA
    looks like gold already.....

12. TonreG

TonreG Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    looks really great!

now on my waitinglist^^

13. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Looks really good.

14. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
  15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That looks incredible. At first it looked decent... but as soon as you hit 25 seconds on the video it turns undeniably awesome. Owl, you should email the dev again and link him to the topic so our praise can spur him on even more :)

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

17. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Oh but I already have. I told him about the site, and all the people who'd love to hear from him about the game~

And I should mention, he's not the guy developing it... He's like their public relations sort of person, but that should be fine, since he knows all about the game and what's going on with it.

18. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Game looks incredible, I hope its not thaaaaat long before it comes out. Maybe get more than one person working on this! :)

19. Betty 2K1

Betty 2K1 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    After seeing the video, it's an instant purchase for me !

20. PixelWrangler

PixelWrangler Active Member

Lazy 8 Studios Joins the Discussion

Wow - It's great to see so much excitement about Cogs! I'm the guy at Lazy 8 Studios that Owl has been in touch with. And I should point out that while I am part of the public relations team, I also wrote every line of code for Cogs and designed every puzzle. Lazy 8 Studios is just me and one artist (and we hired a third guy to do the audio), so we wear a lot of hats. That's part of the reason it will take time to port Cogs to the iPhone. But it's great to see so much interest in our little indie game. I'll do my best to keep Owl posted as we make progress and firm up a release date. In the meantime, don't hesitate to check out the PC version at Steam or Direct2Drive.

http://www.cogsgame.com

- Rob
    Founder, Lazy 8 Studios