Plague Inc. [Help & Strategies]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Duss321, May 30, 2012.

1. mblamar

mblamar Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Yes. I usually take Drug to 2 to speed it up a bit. If you start in a hot country you can take heat to 1. I also tend to go the anemia-to-necrosis route, but whatever.

On some of the disease types you have to also use the special abilities - for example on bioweapon you will have to slow down or reduce the lethality to keep the disease unnoticed.

I'm a little disappointed - but I read that 1.2 introduces balance tweaks and additional disease combos so looking forward to the update.

2. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    You don't have to slow down bio to win.

3. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Virus Update Strategy. I have it so down pat that I normally am seconds ahead of the AI. Play at normal speed once you have a stable strategy then you can fine tune it. It also helps with those times where at 2x Speed you infect 6+ countries at one time. Speed up once you've infected all countires. Sometimes you need to "pool" DNA. If you're not familiar with the term it means store some to respond to AI immediatly. Anyways just broke 52000 on Virus Brutal so here is the changes.

Start in Saudi Arabia
    Get Air 1/2
    Get Water 1/2

Pay close attention to your country spreads as you will have 1 of 2 things happen. If you get 1 follow with 2 if you get 2 follow with 1.

1. You infect a ton of rich countries.
    2. You infect lots of poor/humid countries and Austrailia

If 1 Get Drug Resistance 1.
    If 2 Get Blood 1

At this point your DNA slows a bit continue to watch infected countries.

Get Blood 2

Pay close attention this is around where you get discovered but it's fine. You normally have about 30 seconds until Saudi starts researching. You should have the DNA for it.

Get Genetic Hardening 1
    Get Livestock 1
    Start "pooling" DNA
    Get Drug Resistance 2
    Get Genetic Hardening 2
    Get Livestock 2

At this point a few countries have started research and you should just now be getting noticed globally.

Get Cold 1/2
    Get Rash
    Get Sweating
    Get Skin Lesions

Now Sit,wait and hope for Greenland to get infected.

Get Necrosis as Greenlands infected.
    Get Insomnia
    Get Anaemia
    Get Paranoia
    Get Seizures
    Get Inflamation

Now you know most if the symptoms I'm telling you are all situational cause you can mutate some of them. Basically you want to gain access to

Insanity
    Paralysis/Coma

Paralysis reduces cure by 1 Coma by 3-4 above 30% Insanity by 2-3 above 30% Genetic Reshuffle is 2 below 30% and 4 above 30%.

For a good score above 30,000 keep cure below 40% for above 45,000 keep cure below 30%.

Hope this helps people for increasing scores.

4. Loganpvp

Loganpvp New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Z? Are you not devolving mutations?

5. Zyzoxing

May 31, 2012
    Yes Virus,Nano and Bio I don't devolve on. Virus because it's extremely helpful for keeping cure low.

6. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    So I've just started my runs through Brutal, beginning with Bacteria. I was wondering if anyone knew what the point of it's special Bacterial Resistance ability is? I was under the impression that it was a two-for-one Hot/Cold Resistance from its description, but even with three points into it, Iceland and Greenland were essentially at a standstill for months. One I added two points into Cold Resistance, my infection rate jumped through the roof.

Does Bacterial Resistance provide any meaningful assistance to cold-weather infection rates?

7. E=mcsquared

E=mcsquared Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #107 E=mcsquared, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    Best strategy ever!

Nano is my next one, but I've used the same technique for all the others and completed them easily. Start in Indonesia. Also save at frequent points incase it crashes or you go wrong.
    1) keep symptoms down. Every time they mutate, devolve them.
    2) get water 2 then air 2. You don't need the third one.
    3) after, get drug resistance 1 & blood 1.
    4) then drug 2 and cold 1. (get cold 2 if your impatient like me)
    5) wait until 100% of people are infected and your still unnoticed. If you devolve all symptoms as they come up, you should stay unnoticed.
    6) you should have nearly 100 DNA by now, if not you need to wait and pop the orange bubbles until you have around 80 DNA.
    7) buy the symptom at the middle bottom, then just keep going up that list. Go as vertical as possible until you get to total organ failure.
    8) devolve all transmission things and put them on cure. The deaths should add up to get you DNA. Focus on getting all cure resistance and DNA reshuffle.
    9) wait until all people die.

I completed nano but I'm having issues with bio-weapon, any help?

8. E=mcsquared

E=mcsquared Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Btw this works 4 everything but I don't remember if I used it on virus

9. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

10. Plagues

Plagues New Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Help!

I'm stuck on nano virus... Any pros got some tips, advice, or a useful strategy?

11. E=mcsquared

E=mcsquared Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Mine works for nano, you just need to go fast and you can use the special abilities too

12. E=mcsquared

E=mcsquared Member

Jun 9, 2012
    If u start killing too fast, Greenland will probably kill everyone before everyone is infected

13. E=mcsquared

E=mcsquared Member

Jun 9, 2012
  14. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Well, it's wasteful to devolve any symptoms in Nano, since they're already at Max research potential. For Virus, Nano, and Bio-Weapon, instead of trying to be stealthy and going for Organ Failure/Coma/Insanity, it's a good idea to simply pump up transmission quickly, let your symptoms mutate on their own, and go for Necrosis, which allows your plague to spread from people as they die, allowing you to kill and spread simultaneously. Then you can add Coma/Paralysis/Insanity as the research-slowing ailment.

In Virus, it's wasteful to devolve since it's so expensive. I just went full-tilt with transmission and Necrosis/Coma/Insanity/Organ Failure and I won in less than a year on Brutal, scoring over 30k.

Similarly, there no use devolving for Nano and Bio, since they're already curing at full strength for Nano, and you're already quite deadly in Bio. Just go for broke! And Necro so you don't kill all your hosts. Very important!

15. E=mcsquared

E=mcsquared Member

Jun 9, 2012
    I still use it for nano because if I get lethal too quick, Greenland doesn't get fully infected then becomes healthy

16. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #116 Emuchu, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    I just beat Brutal Nano and Bio-Weapon. I waited until Greenland was infected before getting Necrosis, which has a special side-effect where killing people with the plague infects more people. This way, I never kill my hosts faster than they can spread the plague. Everyone should give Necrosis a try on beat-the-clock type diseases.

Anyways, I digress. I'm currently trying to figure out the last three achievements: Plague in Space and the two Nuke achievements. Plague in Space, I'm guessing, involves infecting a country that's launching a space vessel, except I don't ever recall receiving news of anything besides the Olympics or a Stock Market Crash.

The nuclear launch on China and Russia have me completely stumped, though. I tried infecting all of the US with paranoia / insanity and limiting spread to other countries, but so far no luck.

17. E=mcsquared

E=mcsquared Member

Jun 9, 2012
    I think if u infect Korea alot you might get the notification that they rescue the space station don't know but I hope this helps

18. Gfran

Gfran New Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I find sitting around and waiting for the world to be infected before unleashing the symptoms to be time wasting. In Brutal mode a complete kill should never take more than 2 years (often a lot less) at least through Prions...

19. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #119 Emuchu, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    If Nano and Bio have taught me anything, it's that you don't have to play stealth to win on Brutal. I can usually win by a margin of 30% or so just by springing Necrosis on the world one I overtake Greenland.

A few more points:
    1) I stopped increasing Blood and Drug Resistance to 2. Since Greenland is always last to infect, the extra point feels wasted. I only increase Cold to 2.
    2) I throw all my excess points into symptom combinations that slow research or speed death: Necrosis, Organ Failure (through coughing route for infectivity), Coma, Paralysis, and Insanity are the big ones, but Walking Dead (Insomnia+Anaemia) and Profuse Bleeding (Skin Lesions+Haemophilia) are good, too, and close to the other routes.

As long as Air/Water are at 2, and you get Cold 2, you actually have a lot of leeway to get symptoms... Except for Nano, where I spent all my free points on special abilities.

20. la.corinthians

la.corinthians New Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Fungus among us!

does anyone have any tips on how to beat the fungus level? i keep getting sooooooo close, but lose everytime :( :confused: