Apple Should Release an Update Before iOS 4.0 With iPhone 4 App Adjustments

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MICHAELSD, Jul 15, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Apple should release an update before iOS 4.0 comes out in the fall with the iPhone 4's app adjustments. On the iPhone 4, older apps use improved rendering for text that other apps use. This is combined with higher-resolution artwork for many apps now. Neither appear when using an iPhone 4-optimized app on the iPhone.

Additionally, games that have been updated for the iPhone 4's 960x640 resolution still load with all of the assets for the 480x320 resolution that older iPhones have used.

I would like to see iPhone apps that may not ever get iPad versions look nice on the iPad anyway. Apple should get an update out for these simple adjustments before iOS 4.0 is released in a few months since there isn't a great excuse not to.

2. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #2 jeffyg3, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
    Maybe they're working on that and maybe that's one of the reasons it's taking longer to finish the iPad update to get all the features running well.

Really, the only feature I care for at the moment is folders. I'm already almost running out of room on the iPad for app icons...I don't want to have it filled up only to use the search feature to use the other apps. This feature would be 10x more useful to a lot of people than iPhone apps looking nicer on iPad imo.

3. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Did the 3.2.1 update add what was described in the OP? It would make a lot of sense because it isn't too diffiult to implement.

4. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    No the update didn't. But it isn't a feature most people care very much about and how do you know it isn't too difficult to implement for the OS?
    I think if anything - multitasking & folders would be much better and more practical to bring out first anyways.

5. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    But yes, would be nice to see iPad use RD enhancements in iPhone games in iOS 4.0. Been expecting it.