Borderlands 2: Hit or Miss?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Malice, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,
    I been checking out the game Borderlands 2 on XBOX 360 and PS3, pretty cool game though I am not completly sure about the strange coloring of some of the guns, but I was wondering what is eveyrone's favorite characters, and/or guns to use? I am currently playing as Zero and use a Jakobs Sniper and a Torque Shotgun, Missle Launcher and a lousy automatic rifle.
    But for anything else dealing with Borderlands 2 - feel free to post - this thread will be all about it.

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    My friend is obsessed... So obsessed, in fact, that I bought Borderlands 2 on the day one, just to play with him. Played for like 9 hours, never touched it again.

Buuuut the other night this friend coaxed me into finally cracking it open again, and it was really fun :) I don't get the addiction with looting and all that, but it is a very colorful and interesting little game. Big game. Not little :p

I joined his game and he was in Ultimate Vault Hunter mode... he was level 56 I think, and this mode makes it so all enemies are his level, lol. It was daunting for me, of course, because I was only level 12! Surprisingly, it wasn't until an hour or two later when ish really hit the fan for me and I got downed constantly. But it was still so much fun.

It's also respectable for my friend to love a game so much. I've never seen him so passionate about a game before... he bought the first Borderlands three times, on 360, PS3, and PC... got all achievements and trophies in the first two versions. And he has a combined 8 days played and a 17,000+ Badass rank in Borderlands 2.

Ridiculous. But Ridiculously awesome! :D

My character is the girl. She does the Phaselock? I think her name is the Siren... I'm not sure. I think she's now level 26 or something because of the obscene amount of XP I got from the fights my friend carried me through (including the final boss three times haha :p)

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It was my GOTY for 2012 along with TWD. For 2011, Skyrim.

4. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Borderlands 2 is the only game I play on console whenever I get the time. My favorite character is Gaige specializing in Shock and Electrocution skills, wielding mainly pistols and revolvers. I've got her through the Pirates and Torgue add-ons. Bought the season pass -- so I still have the Big Hunt and that Dragon Keep campaigns to get into. :)

I've finished the main game with Salvador, the Gunzerker, and he was a lot of fun to play too, but he's just rather generic. I've also bought the Psycho but haven't played enough of him yet to see what he can really do.

Borderlands2 (and the first) is just pure fun without fuss.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hit, but if you played BL1, there's really not much new about 2.

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Co-Op mode on BL2 is awesome. Definitely my favorite Mac game.

(Thought I might see you in this thread Raven)

7. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Great game! I bought on PC and put many hours into it. Completed the main campaign and then started the True Vaulthunter Mode, but I didn't get too far into that, losing interest mostly because none of my friends had the game so I was always playing with randoms.

Good solo, immense with friends who are into it.

8. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Definitely get it. I've got a level 53 assassin, 50 siren, 45 psycho and 35 gunzerker. I have 5 pearlescents and about 15 legendaries.
    I've spent about 250 hours on this game, and have all the DLCs.

9. Dragonborn99

Dragonborn99 New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Borderlands 2, bought all DLC and played it 5 times.
    It's a hit.

10. 8-Bit Avrin

8-Bit Avrin Member

May 10, 2012
    It's a hit for me. Great fun game and it's even more fun when you play co-op with someone. I played Zero for a while and he was fun sometimes, but then I switched to Gaige the Mechromancer when she was released and I haven't went back. She's my main character now.