GT Spirit (by the makers of Test Drive unlimited)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Crabman, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    #1 Crabman, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Great news for racing fans (hopefully).Eden games (worked on games like NFS Porsche,V-Rally and TD Unlimited) announced a new racing sim,coming to Apple TV first (october) but to iOS a bit later.Looks great so far.

Take THIS RR3 :D

edit:website says it's coming to ipad/iphone and android"in a few months"...ah well,i,was hoping it would be sooner.

http://www.edengames.com/gt-spirit/

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Oh wow! This does look amazing.. Definitely be getting this one.. Dare I say ... I hope it's a premium title.. #

3. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Can't wait looks so good

4. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    So far this year apart from horizon chase there not been great racing games this could hopefully changes things

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Hope it is premium too. Except for the fantastic Horizon Chase I am still playing NFS Most Wanted and Ridge Racer. I am not at all at fuel/energy/service etc systems on racers so i am waiting curiously for the model here, because from what we have see till now the game seems to rock in lot of aspects! Even after the huge success of RR3 and A8 I don't give up my hopes #

6. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    But at least A8 is imo a good example of doing F2P right.I've sunk countless of hours into it and it never bothered me with energy timers or heavy grinding nor pop up ads (okay pop ups for ingame stuff...i give you that :D )

Unless you want to collect most/all cars or something like this.THAT would gonna be expensive and the (real money)prices for some cars are ridiculous of course.

But let's don't start about RR3...i don't want to even support such a greedy business model.I tried it 2-3 times but timers for everything...EA can take their racer and stick it where the sun never shines :mad:

Edengames website is cluttered with"for the love of cars"sentences...but i really hope they have some love for games as well :D

7. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I really enjoy A8 and spent tens of hours. My only down was that I couldn't collect some of the later cars (at least my favorites which were extremely expensive. Anyway finger crossed this one will be pure premium. Cannot wait for the Apple TV launch or some more infos, screens and content from the devs.

8. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I will be watching this game with great interest. It does depend a lot on the business model they choose though and the faceplate of course. Hoping for a premium fame that they charge you for add on packs / updates after.

Should get to see all this later this month then.

9. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    You haven't played it in a while then...
    I've deleted it from my device the moment I randomly got VIDEO ads in the main menu... like, what the heck! o_O

10. Crabman

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    oh really?You are right,haven't played it for a while.And you can't stop the videos yourself?Another good example what happened when shareholder are more important than the people who actually PLAY the games.Asphalt was the last Gameloft game that kept my attention for quite a while.Although I'm still surprised that it didn't turn into unplayable,timer ridden crap (like dungeon hunter) yet.RIP Asphalt...

11. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Yeap, Gameloft is pretty big now so will put ads in free to play games. The new Madfinger Unkilled let's you watch ads out of choice to get premium credit or boosts. But Real Racing 3 does the same, it randomly just plays video ads you can't stop, you don't get anything from them either unlike the ads you can choose to watch for gold.
    I hope this game, which will be out this week I assume as its a new Apple TV launch game, will offer ads as an option only. Would be fantastic if it was a premium game, but I doubt it will be.

12. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Look like this one is going to be a 2016 release.
    So looking forward to this one!

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Same, I was hoping for it this month, but there's been no updates about it so I guess 2016 it is..

14. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    The Facebook page does say they recently sent the game to Apple for review, but it's the Apple TV version.
    Hopefully it won't take too long before the iOS version hits.
    The one thing I am hoping harder for than a close to release date is a premium version of the game.

15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    There is a new trailer for this on YouTube, says its out now on Apple TV.

16. ColeB

ColeB Member

Jul 19, 2014
    This is out now. Looks fantastic! Really impressed!