Submitted first game! Press Release?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by readysetretro, Jan 19, 2014.

1. readysetretro

readysetretro Well-Known Member

Hey,

I just submitted Rogue Resources to the AppStore, its "Waiting For Review". Should be about 5 days according to shiny development.

So I've put together a Press Release.

I'm relying on marketing this myself with no budget, so any honest feedback on the Press Release, game, or independent marketing strategies would be very helpful.

2. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Its a bit difficult to read your press release as the flow is all wrong and it needs to sound more like a game reviewer is writing it. Article writers are lazy, they just want to cut and paste bits of press releases. eg you wrote;

"As you progress in your mission, you are presented with increasingly larger procedurally generated levels and a growing enemy presence."

I think it sounds better using the term "players or users" rather than "you, your and you are". you seemed to do this later on though. how about?

"As players progress within each mission they are presented with ever expanding procedurally generated levels and a growing enemy force."

Im sure there is some fancy English terms for why this sentence sounds wrong

"Each Resource requires a unique strategy to master, and the strategy of defence and learning your enemy’s tactics provides endless depth and challenge."

Also

"Fortunately, bonus Crates drop at random, offering more Resources, Defence Structures, Units, or additional time."

I don't think you need the first comma for complex English reasons.

Also you capitalising to many words it seems like your shouting. I know enemy satellite or harvester are official names of your unit types but it looks odd that they are all capitalised.

To be honest I would consider paying somebody to write it go on fiver or something. Then spend $20 on prmac.

Feel free to look at our press release
    http://prmac.com/release-id-62129.htm

I think you will struggle trying to sell the game at $1.99, i would make it free get the players to pay for bonuses or unlock larger maps.

3. nocanwin

nocanwin Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
  4. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I agree with the sentiment based on the video it doesn't make someone want to buy which you really need to sell in this and age of the app store.

I assume you think it is fun to play so you need to give others a chance to make that judgement because I doubt many will be willing to take the up front risk.