Myst: The least noticed great game on the app store?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fruho, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    I have been a member of TA for a couple months now, and i was struck by how I have never seen Myst mentioned in any threads. Myst is a great game: incredible graphics, an enthralling storyline, and a difficult mystery. Everything is right about the game....yet no one mentions it or talks about it. Why is this?

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    There was a lot of hype leading up to the release of the game, and there were lots of discussion after the game had been released.

3. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #3 Chocolate, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    I never liked Myst. I tried some version long ago, and it seemed absolutely sleep inducing. Maybe good for some, but not for me.

And "incredible graphics" is a stretch. Back in 1993 when it was new and CD-ROM games were state-of-the-art new fangled technology, but in 2010 it's graphically quaint at best, IMO.

4. Yeah , it's awesome! I played it on my iPod for the first! The game is older than myself! :D
    But because of it's size, I deleted it when I finished... And I kinda forgot... Bit from time to time I remember to put it back on, then I don't have enough space.

But yeah, AWESOME GAME, but not many people are into this genre

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Sold pretty well, would hardly call 3434 ratings "unnoticed". Especially when so many other great games sell so little.

6. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Right I agree but if it sold so well and it is such a well made game, then why is it not mentioned or talked about at all on these forums?

7. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Must disagree with the graphics part....i find them visually stunning and beautiful. They really create a gorgeous environment that is very enjoyable to discover.

8. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Because it's old and a lot of new stuff has come out after it, no need in having further conversations about ti, it's the Eliminate of puzzle games.

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    The reason is that it's been out for a while, most people seemed to have moved on, and it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I personally love it, and it brings back a ton of memories. Too bad I can barely remember what to do to advance further in the game :p

I've been playing the demo for a good month now, and I still have no idea how to progress lol :eek:

10. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    You should do a forum search before you make a thread. There is a thread with 271 posts in it.

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I still see it mentioned sometimes, but the main reason nobody talks about it as much anymore is because the app store moves so fast with constant releases that sometimes older games get forgotten.

12. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I have always had a soft spot in my heart for myst, and to a lesser extent riven. However the gameplay isn't at all conducive to "mobile" play sessions. Also I still own my original's so saw no need to have such a slow paced game, on a highly mobile system.

13. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    cant wait for riven!! hopefully weve only got a few more months to go.

14. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Is that really coming to the iPhone? :eek:

15. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    The problem is that myst was never suited for mobile gaming, I love myst. But I don't want to play it on my ipod.

16. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I think it still works fine on the iPhone though.

I'd really like a Riven..

17. TraceyC/FL

TraceyC/FL Active Member

Jan 13, 2010
    My Dad is playing - he finally has TIME to play and finds it a good choice for his bouts with insomnia. He's actually making progress this time around!

I have a set of disks right here for it.....

18. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I.hate.threads.like.this!!!!!!