Universal bit Dungeon (by KintoGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Dec 14, 2012.

1. KintoGames

KintoGames Active Member

Dec 15, 2012
    This next update is:
    - Universal app, now works on iphone, ipod etc...
    - New launch & tittle screen.

I am working on game center leader boards, which will come in following update.
    Any bugs or suggestion send to [email protected] or http://www.facebook.com/KintoGames

[​IMG]

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yeah! Thank you for making bit Dungeon universal; looking forward to that dropping.

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am so pleased the developer is now present here and listening to feedback. I am looking forward to updates and I am enjoying the lovely pixel art and game play that the current version has.

Also, the game icon is fantastic!

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Have to agree there, the icon really stands out, it's very cool.
    I can't wait for some stats or leaderboards really loving this game.
    I like the way the different things visually change your guy.

5. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game is awesome and I'm having a great time with it. Love the art style and smooth gameplay. I do wish there was a little more strategy involved. I just kept picking attack+ and blowing through all enemies.
    Is there some strategy to this that I'm missing?

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Suggestion: a pause button would be nice when interrupted in the midst of a battle.

7. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Issues I would love to see fixed are the treasure chest preview fail that's been mentioned a couple times, and maybe I'm missing something but from the instructions it seems there should e a power swing, but I am getting magic when I hold down.

8. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I think one way to add strategy to the game would be to have different icons you could press to activate certain abilities. These abilities would counter certain effects of varying enemies. You can make the strategy based upon blocking moving and deciding which powers to use when.

9. Myrmidon76

Myrmidon76 Active Member

Aug 23, 2012
    As a big fan of Nethack and handheld versions of Zelda, I have to say, I'm very interested in this game. :) Most games these days are just too easy and hold your hand too much, so I'm happy to hear about a new game with permanent death.

10. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

I'm having a lot of fun with this - current session is up to level 12.

I'm surprised there's no in-game high score page or some stats for 'most kills', 'highest level dungeon reached', etc. Even Spelunky had a high score stats page!

I've managed to get a set of decent blue armour (if you equip armour pieces all same colour it counts as a set) that gives a +200 health bonus and +25 defend. That +200 health bonus makes a massive differerence, particularly in boss fights.

Another tip, that is fairly obvious, once you have a couple of cleared rooms, you can run back and forth between them to loot the ghosts and rats for potions. Useful if your health is low or you want to max out health and magic power before a boss fight.

I had a great green rated weapon with +9 Deathstrike (1 hit kill) on it, but it vanished. Ah well, no idea where it went or why, but it was fun while it lasted.

Here are some current stats, in case anyone wants to compare...

45+ 84 Damage
    55+ 132 Critical
    50+ 377 Health
    269 Armour

WELL DONE Kinto - Great game! Please add some kind of in-game stats in addition to the upcoming GC leaderboard!

11. Planetshooter

Couple of slightly irritating issues:

Accidentally swapping items in chests and accidentally buying items while trying to view them in the shop.

I know the counter argument might be "but it would add an additional step and this would slow down the flow of the game" (yeah, that old one), but I'd love some kind of "Are you sure?" button or some other way of confirming that you intend to swap or buy an item. The buying is more important as it can't be undone.

12. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Love this game, but i have a silly question. Can you block?

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yes by holding your finger on the screen (the same way you use your power move or magic attacks)

14. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
  15. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on this game. It's pretty great. I hope you're making money. I think if you continue to flesh it out with leader boards and maybe some objectives or something you will do very well.
    You should really add a stats screen where you can go back and look at your progress and what items you have found. Objectives could include finding sets of armor, reaching certain levels or finding secrets. Then you could look at the objectives you have completed on the stats screen.
    Also had the idea of a save system that only works every 15 levels or so. So it's Permadeath except that you get to continue if you make it to level 15, 30 etc.
    By the way does this game have an ending?

16. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    By the way, farming ghosts and rats for health and magic is fun at first but kind of pointless since you could do it infinitely. Why not just automatically fill up everything after you clear a room. It's the same thing with less time wasted.

The other option I can think of is to only spawn a limited amount of ghosts and rats. Then you have to be strategic about farming them.

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Is there an estimated release timeframe for the universal update?

18. Planetshooter

Initially, ideas like this sound good - I had a few myself - but then I thought it's probably best to leave the game as much as it is as possible, because it works, and focus more on the things that are missing: high scores, stats, etc. or not very polished: the swap/buy mechanic and the fact that your character moves if you tap on an equipped item to view its stats, etc.

I'd be far more supportive of attempts to minimally tweak and fix what is there, rather than trying to create some kind of ideal game based on this one. Basically, one person's gameplay enhancement is another person's unwanted nerf.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Fantastic dungeon crawler type of game which has a sort of Zelda-esque aura to it.

On the downside, I dont see much point in playing the game more if there arent any scoring system.

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Bought it today and it's fun. Seems kind of easy, although at one point I lost my weapon right before a boss fight, which made it more challenging. I'm not really sure why I lost the weapon. Is that supposed to happen? I mean I had no weapon at all, or at least none showed in the bar at the bottom.

Also the thing with it automatically swapping out your weapon/armor/item if you tap a chest is annoying as heck, especially at the shops. I look forward to that being fixed. But I am having fun with it so far. I would like see a higher difficulty option.