What's the longest adventure game/visual novel on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KushyKush, Aug 20, 2010.

1. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I want one that will keep me engaged for many, many hours.

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Phoenix Wright is well over 50 hours.

3. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Huh? Was only about 15h for me. But all the usual suspects, i.e. The Broken Sword, The Monkey Islands, Beneath a Steel Sky and yes, Phoenix Wright have very satisfying length, IMHO.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    o_O were you playing with a walkthrough or something? I've played 15 hours and i'm only halfway done with the third case.

5. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Nope, but after playing a few other adventure games (see usual suspects), PW is relatively straightforward for the most part.

6. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    My playtime after finishing Broken Sword was around 10 hours, maybe little more. I've spent more time than that on Phoenix Wright, though.

7. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Damn f***.

WHY THE F*** everbody loves f****** Phoenix Wright.

It's on DS, on WiiWare, its short - I played through all quests within half a dozen hours:confused:

8. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Godville. It's never ending. It's adventure. It's flippin' awesome. Nuff' Said.

Phoenix Wright is the shit!

9. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Phoenix Wright, or, if you are interested in a good storyline, check out Dracula - Path Of The Dragon.

Myst will keep you occupied pretty long aswell, but it´s a damn hard game.

10. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Because many more people have a different opinion than you. I know, it may come as a surprise, but multiple scientific experiments and case studies have shown this to be true.

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Broken Sword

Monkey Island

Beneath A Steel Sky (I'm not too fond of the game's visual compared to Broken Sword, but the story is amazing.)

Phoenix Wright is long and it seems many people like it, though I personally find it just alright. More like a storybook where you have to tap the correct choice to make it continue, otherwise the story just loops again and again.

Many people also seem to like Chaos Rings' story, but I don't have the game so can't comment on it.

12. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    I personally think the longest game is

W&G

13. Kai555

Kai555 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    Get phoenix wright.
    Return to mysterious island is nice too. It is on sale now.

14. KushyKush

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #14 KushyKush, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    I guess I'll get Phoenix Wright since I've never played it before. Which is the longest after that?

edit: errr I dunno actually after reading some other replies it might be really short? I'm looking for something 20+ hours here.

15. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    The game comes with 5-6 episodes. Each one will probably take you a few hours. There is a bit of replay ability. Don't hesitate. I heard Capcom is considering bringing more to the table. ;)

16. ManofAegis

ManofAegis Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    California, USA
    Phoenix Wright isn't short. I spent around over 25 hours worth on the game and I don't regret it. But, then again, you could use a guide and finish it really quick, but what fun is that? I think I only used a walk-through for only one situation because it was really tough to figure out, but that's it.

17. KushyKush

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I bought phoenix wright and just beat the first case. lots of fun so far although not being able to skip through the text or stop the annoying sound of the text coming up is getting on my nerves.