Universal Order & Chaos - Universal MMO - Official TA Guild Jam Packed w/240 Players [v1.0.2]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Apr 26, 2011.

1. superzarop

superzarop Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Yea I know what the argument was about, but I'm just thi king that in order to make a good guild for everyone on TA, we need to merge the 2 guilds. People want to join your guild, but it's impossible to create several guilds without a guild website to organize everything.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

3. ratonbox

ratonbox Active Member

Jan 30, 2011
    #503 ratonbox, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
    OK, just to settle this. Releasing the game only on the Canada App Store was the safe option, in case anything would have worked wrong with IAP or with subscriptions, the damage would have been minimal. As any person that has been involved in iOS game development knows, during tests, when the game isn't live, you can only use Sandbox accounts and there are some limitations. So Canada was the live test for O&C.
    Hodapp, you can give me a PM if you want to be sure that this is actually backed up.

4. 60-player guild limit? Son-of-a....

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I know it's backed up. :)

6. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #506 TotallyImba, Apr 27, 2011
    Guys, I am struggling to see what the attraction is with this game, someone help me out here.

1) Firstly you have to connect to Wifi to play it which limits where you can play it. I could use my Wifi at home but then I would much rather play a MMORPG on a big monitor / tv than on an iPhone/iPad. iPhone gaming is supposed to be portable, something you can play on the go.

2) According to the front page article the 2 factions are not hostile with each other and can play together in the same group. There is no open world PvP or anything.. whats the point of having 2 factions then?

3) With the ability to IAP gold, that completely destroys the games form of currency and people wishing to spend real money will dominate the game within days.

4) Again according to the front page the AI is awful, you can kite monsters much stronger than you all over the place which completely defeats the objective of having to group with other players.

5) It looks like you can only have a few spells on screen at once which basically means PvP is just going to consist of spamming the same move over and over.

6) You have to pay for the game and then pay for subscriptions.. (ok its not much but still.. Gameloft please?)

Basically its a very watered down clone of WoW which Gameloft are using to suck more of our money in. Again you have to play over Wifi which means most people will play it in their own homes so you might as well just play WoW..

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

It is a 3D MMORPG on your iDevice.
    'nuff said.

8. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    60 guild member limit? looks like you will have to make guild1 guild2 guild3 and so on, more money to gameloft :p

9. Casmi

Casmi Active Member

Nov 9, 2010
    #509 Casmi, Apr 27, 2011
    So Lame

We are leaving work today at 1 pm Central and the power is down in my neighborhood due to bad weather, so now I have no WiFi to use. Just my luck that Order and Chaos would be available to download, but now my WiFi is down.
    See you guys in game later.

10. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Okay, signed up and played a bit. Not bad, but as a warrior, I will need to get a bow so that I can more effectively crowd control. died accidentally taking on three spiders at once...

I've "signed up" on Creepshow's site so hopefully I will get into that guild.

Now of course, let's see if Gameloft actually maintains the game. Hopefully this isn't just another clone that was hastily made to make a quick buck.

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #511 Vovin, Apr 27, 2011
    I am making a big guess now:

Gameloft will upload the first fix in 1-2 weeks (after enough feedback & complaints), a bit of re-balancing and stuff in a bigger update in 4 weeks.

A new huge content update will come in exactly three months.
    So they'll make sure that all accounts from today will subscribe for the next period, to play this new content.

After that (and with the new iPhone-/ iPod-generation), they've fitted the game to the Unreal engine.

12. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Very Gameloftish.

Bad graphics, but I guess it works.

I spent an hour or so on the iPad 2 playing threw the first dozen or so quests you can get in the first town.

Tried to join Touch Arcade but I think that is full already.

Then decided to go wandering off and got myself killed by a high level goblin looking thing.

13. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    dam the guild is full???????? been waiting since yesterday to catch u guys on :(

14. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I like how the rabbit in this game is identical to the rabbit in WoW. Nice one.

15. Psychocandy2010

Psychocandy2010 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Problem I have is people stealing my kills. I'll start attacking something then just before it's about to drop dead some idiot will rush in and finish it off. I've played a couple of MMORPGs on the PC and don't recall this being a significant problem. But it's annoying the living shit out of me already in Order & Chaos.

16. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    hopefully if this game takes off and does well gameloft will put more thought into longer support for this game, not saying that they will or won't right now but we all know gameloft will most likely move on after a few fixes and updates.

A big content patch after 3 months seems very real, being they will want people to re-sub.

I just hope there is hard loot to find or a worthwhile endgame then just hitting the 60 cap and standing around in towns for pvp.

Is there gameloft live achievements in this? something to work towards I guess.

17. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    is there any other toucharcade guils that aint full???

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Chose to be an undead ranger. Just put a few minutes into the game, and wow, Gameloft has outdone themselves. Once again, GL leads the way to creating a superior online experience on the iOS. No doubt, my backlog will be growing instead of decreasing now due to this. It's going to be one fun run with this title. Add me, Backtothis. Catch y'all online.

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    And they get the credit for the kill instead of you? That is BS and a huge problem that needs to be fixed NOW.

20. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    This was a big problem in early Everquest. In WoW they fixed it by always giving kill credit to the person/group that initiated the conflict. This way other can help but they don't gain anything. Hopefully they will do that here since Kill Stealing is a pain.

-Greg