Best Rpg

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MoJoe, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MoJoe

MoJoe Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Germany
    After being really disapointed about DH 3 I'm looking for good rpg (if possible a hack 'n slay) its only important to me that it has a lot of loot to get and some depth----not pocket rpg cause i dont like the style---

2. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I would recommend CrimsonHeart! it`s awesome!

3. Sounds like Infinity Blade :p

4. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Infinity Blade II.

5. MoJoe

MoJoe Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Germany
    i already got IB2 but thats not a real rpg for me its kinda repetitive and besides the awesome graphs i dont know why its praised that much but still its a great game :D

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You won't get much more bang for the buck than The Quest.

Definitely hack & slash with plenty of loot and an intricate quest system/storyline and the expansions keep coming! :)

7. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Best RPG for iOS, there is only one way -> Aralon

8. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #8 violentv, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    I feel sorry for the RPG genre when the general modern definition of RPG = just having character customization. lol

But if you are looking for a game with crazy amount of loot and character customization.. I would recommend Dungeon Defenders. It is a action,tower defense hybrid, but as a Squire, you can just hack and slash your way through each level while using towers as blockades.

Aralon sure is a decent RPG with quite a large and well designed world! The skill trees are alright and the classes are different enough. I don't subscribe to the general opinion that Aralon is a game bursting with 'depth' though. From what I see, menial and annoying chores that we take for granted in modern RPGs like crafting, undisguised fetch quests and fishing form essential parts of the 'depth' here by providing players with more stuff to do.

9. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    If 2d is fine then secret of mana is good... Zenonia 3 or destinia maybe? Aurum blade, Exitium if u don't like that kind I know of others... Not really 3d though except crimson gem saga which is a turn based jrpg type...

10. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    @@ Oh yes, totally forgot to mention Aurum Blade. It really is quite excellent.

11. MoJoe

MoJoe Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Germany
    #11 MoJoe, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    got zenonia 4 but its not universall
    think im gonna check out aralon its still only 79cent i think

edit: problem with zenonia solved its absolutely playable on iapd 2 with 2x zoom

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If you like KRPGs Aurum Blade is good.

I have been enjoying Fall of Angels if you're into turn based JRPGs.

While they are on sale the Square Enix games are worthy... in my opinion everyone should play Final Fantasy 1 at least a few hours in their life but it's fairly retro.

+1 The Quest is insane and there is no comparison. With expansions I'd venture that it's even got more content than most computer RPGs.

13. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I will also recommend The Quest - though it is a deep turn-based retro RPG that can be unapproachable if you aren't patient. However if you put the time into it and learn the game mechanics it is one of the best RPG experiences you can find cross platform.

Aralon is an excellent game especially at the sale price - however it isn't very deep with its skill system. But it has a decent play length and is generally fun all the way through. Good graphics as well.

14. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Aurum Blad is free and has a surprising amount of c

15. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    if you own an ipad give our game a try - Companions - the full version is on sale right now 0.99$. it's a 2D dungeon crawler-strategy-rpg mix. or try the lite version for free! :)

16. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    How has the amazing Mage gauntlet not been mentioned yet?!

17. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    He's 100% right. This is the best krpg on the ios atm. The 360 degree controls make the game even better.

18. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #18 Darth Ronfar, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
    I also want to recommend Finger Shot Rpg

http://www.rpg-site.com/. Also check out this site for pics and descriptions of alot of iOS RPGs (Credit to undeadcow for showing me also check out his thread - comprehensive list of all iOS RPGs)

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  20. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    #20 12yam, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
    How has the Bard's Tale not been mentioned yet? That is an awesome game, much higher in quality than any of the krpgs that are somehow incredibly popular on the App Store. You need to get it.

Oh, and Mage Gauntlet is supposed to be really good as well.

EDIT: And if you're into JRPG's go after Chrono Trigger, FF3. Another good one is Secret of Mana. I haven't played any of these, but they are classics.