Poll: How many games do you buy a week?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bochu, Nov 1, 2009.

?

How many games do you buy a week?

1. More than 5: I can't stop buying them!!

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. 3 or 4: I like to pick one here and there when I see them

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. 1 or 2: I like games but there's no rush

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  4. 1 every two weeks: I wait for a decent one

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  5. 1 a month: I wait for the best and get only those

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. none: I just like looking at them

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. Bochu

Bochu Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Some of you might remember: I started a poll on how much you'd comfortably pay for a game. I found the results and people's opinions pretty dang interesting. I had no idea I was such a cheapo thinking $6 was near the cap of game prices. So now it brought about another question I hoped some of you might answer so I can see where I lie on the spectrum: how many games do you buy a week?

Thanks if you decide to vote, I swear this will be the last poll I start in a while. I just thought this question kinda went along with the other.

Personally, I scour TouchArcade almost every day looking for new games and if they're .99 and interesting, I almost always buy them. I've amassed about 30+ games and haven't really finished any of them, for obvious reasons.

Maybe that's why I don't pay more than 2.99 for a game very easily: I have so many games already that I like but haven't had time to finish any of them yet.

Or I'm just a cheapo.

Thanks if you vote. Cheers!

2. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    It depends on what games come out that week

3. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

You should have put in options for more than five per week... I'm probably at 10-15 per week lately :D

4. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Same here. I get like a few a day!

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I've gotten kinda tired of the platform as of late, so I'm taking a break and went down to like 1 per week.

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It varies too much week to week to really give a number.

7. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    ditto, although i use an rss feed from appshopper to find new games, i use toucharcade to find out info out ABOUT the games.

i have all 11 pages on my itouch full, maybe that's a good thing, as it'll keep me from buying any new games for a while, until i finish some of the others i mean.

its hard to turn down a good game when its 0.99 in price, or when it goes on sale for 0.99 (bloons TD/etc).

quite easy to turn down a good game when its more than 0.99 though, especially if i can use the 'no room for more icons excuse'.

hope apple changes that for the newer models sooner than later.

8. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I've had my iPod touch 2g for almost a year now, and it's overflowing with apps now... I usually buy premium games (mostly from gameloft) I like, but I buy games that go on sale and $.99 games too.

9. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    You can still buy new games for your itouch even though all of your 11 pages are filled. Once all of your pages are filled and you buy a new game, it will go to the 'twilight zone'. Even though you won't actually see its icon, you can access your 'invisible' games via spotlight search. Thats what i do since all of my pages are filled. Just keep a note with all of your hidden apps.

10. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Jail break your iphone and use categories. Gets around that problem of hidden pages. I love my jail broken iphone even more than I loved my iphone before.

You can have categories for different games categories.

11. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

And just curious... With a cracked phone how many apps/games do you pay for per week?

I tend to buy at least two. And like others many games just sit because I'm on to the next "coolest game ever!"

12. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    The same amount? I'm not sure what having a jailbroken iDevice has to do with anything.

13. thievesandtigers

thievesandtigers Active Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Minneapolis
    #13 thievesandtigers, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    I like to finish one game before I buy another, so maybe I buy a few games a month. Currently I'm playing Robocalyspe. I have a list of titles I want to buy, which now includes Baseball Superstars 2010, Lexic, Puzzle Quest, Crystal Cave Classic, and Azkend.

14. hapz

hapz Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    i go for highly polished games.. they come every now and then but probably once or twice a week..

depends on my mood.. probably less and less now that the games coming out are just casual and entertain me for less than an hour..

i justify 1 USD = at least 3 hours of entertainment to be worth the game.