Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Ash is here....lighting plant?!!

2. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Another black dragon. Equinox, Opal and now Ash. That's three in a row.

3. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Ash

Well, that was easy!!! First try, plant and lightning, fail! Second try lightning and plant......... Success!! :D and only 6hrs (4hr 48 in the upgraded cave)

Back to trying for second opal then....:p

4. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Breeding Plant/Lightning should give you either Cactus or Ash. Given Cactus is only a 30 min fail (23 min in an upgraded cave), I would think Ash should not be that difficult to get. We'll see.

5. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    Trying for ash in the cave - two cactus fails. Waiting on the second cuz the hatchery is full of lava eggs :(

But, on a good note, got my first opal breeding on the island :D

6. Thornefeather

Thornefeather Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Job seeker
    Virginia, USA
    I think the Opal is a super dark blue. But yes, three dark dragons in a row. If Bone comes back, there will be a light one too.

7. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Got Ash forth try with Lighting + Plant....first three fails were short with Cactus.

And being this is not a hybrid dragon...it's here to stay. :rolleyes: I wonder if the next hard dragon will be using this Ash.

8. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    My luck must have run out lol. I had been getting every dragon on first or second try but have tried ash 10 times in a row with nothing. At least the waits are short so I will quit wasting gems

9. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    What an ugly dragon and I have to hide him too many dragons no please to put them.Lighting and plant.

10. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if we need Ash for the diamond gemstone, although that won't be until April...

Got my first Opal on the island this morning, will try for Ash later today, then back for a second Opal, although I only have one spot left on my gem island.

11. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah. I would have to sell a rainbow habitat to create a new Lightning or plant one. Might just hide plant dragon since the ironwood is basically the same one.

Love the description though.:)

12. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Second opal brewing. Time to try for ash

13. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Well luck seems to have run out a little with Ash. 5 tries and no luck so far. Thank god for 30min fails though.

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I been trying lava/mud mud/lava still no opal. :(

15. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    2 ash in a row! Thank you!

16. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Love the ash dragon...very cute and raggedy-looking.

17. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    I think it looks awesome. Reminds me of the crazy hyiena from the Lion King.

18. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok breeding ash finally. Now tryin for that damn opal.

19. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Silver!!!! Finally.

20. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #6760 girlpower, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    Hi there peeps! (always wanted to say that) :D

Too lazy to trawl through thread pages since last post, so will just wing it.

@Korvaire....so happy to know you are continually improving each time you post. Agreed that being able to go back to work soon isn't very exciting but I'm sure you view this as a big leap forward in your recovery process, so in this case, that's great to hear ;)

@Foxy, hope you're having a nice holiday chickie...enjoy each day :)

@Eugekava, LOL, at the great Sakura love affair :D
    Yes, Jazbo he is a crack up....means the same here and in NZ.
    We also say crack a tinnie (meaning beer)

Speaking of sayings meaning different things in different Countries.....

When I first arrived in Oz (from NZ) whenever someone made me laugh I would reply....gee you're a dag...after a few times of getting strange looks back I though I better query this.....well over here this is not viewed the same as in NZ, which means you are very funny and make me laugh.....instead it's taken for what it is literally....a piece of er um sh*t hanging off a sheeps tail! Oops.....I quickly stopped that before I got tarred and feathered haha.

How is everyone going with their Opals and Ash dragons?
    I can only visit from my iPhone 4, iPad just keeps on crashing....I'm so over it that I have decided to upgrade soon....will use birthday money towards a newbie, hubby wants my iPhone so looks like I am gonna have to look at upgrading there as well....better go fertilize that invisible money tree out back.
    Been surfing the net for better non Apple prices, always good to do ones homework....‘knowledge is power' LOL.

I hatched my first Opal a couple of days ago (CRUSTY) who's happily residing with skippyjon and another original named Pearl. Lucky enough to have a second Opal egg on display also.

I did have quiet a few fails beforehand but in one cave I did the same order of Lava/mud for at least 6-7 times, and in the other cave I did the opposite order repeatedly...then I switched the order and got Opal straight up, did the same in other cave and got my second....I know this has been previously posted a bit on here but hope it helps someone anyway.

Got a second Ash breeding to hide away once hatched...looks like a bit of a dark colored dragon theme happening....nice change.

Bone dragon should be out again next month, I will have to see if I have better luck this year.....ended up buying it just before time ended cos I couldn't breed one in time....luckily it didn't cost many gems (think it was 50?) still like to have two of each dragon, have missed a few but never mind, I'm always thankful to get one, some aren't so lucky :(

Daylight savings started here in Oz early hours this morning, clocks moved forward an hour, always takes my system a day or two to get used to this but I love DS, extra hour of daylight after work...nice :)

Oh well, nicely got off track (again) oopsy...
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!