Failed Login Notification on Touch Arcade

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by James, Apr 20, 2011.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Hi adminly folk,

I've received notifications for three days now that someone has been making failed attempts to log in to my account. With only five attempts at a time they will never succeed, but I thought I should bring it to your attention in the event that it is happening to other people, and especially because it is all coming from the same IP address.

Not sure if you can ban it, or if it is associated with a current member.

2. James

James Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    For what it's worth I've received about eight additional notifications today.

3. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

4. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I love how the pin in this map is underwater.

5. James

James Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    I've definitely got the strong password covered.

Any suggested means of getting in touch with an administrator? I find it odd to imagine that I was specifically targeted so I imagine some other accounts are being plugged away at as well. If really clever, they could be targeting relatively inactive members. In any case, it makes sense to block this IP before something comes of it. I've been a forum admin myself for over a decade so I've certainly been through the ringer with this kind of nonsense.

6. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    haha escpecially with so few posts... there should be little to no reason for somebody to want to hack your account....

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hodapp and Arn are both online on AIM according to the About page, but they're usually super busy.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Banned that IP, which oddly enough isn't associated to any forum user. This is an annoyance I deal with on a daily basis though, I've managed to simply snag "Eli" for most of my account names with various iPhone gaming networks and get at least 2 password reset attempts a day.

9. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I get weekly notices from my gameloft live account, which I only use for MC2.

10. apphame

apphame Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Planner
    Hong Kong
    :eek:..from Beijing, China.

Shame on it.