Universal Infinite Flight - Flight Simulator (by Flying Development Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Mar 19, 2012.

1. kpao

kpao Active Member

Same here, it's so fun to see the runway light come out through the fog to celebrate a perfect approach :)

Not all runways have ILS, when an airport is set to have one in our database, it should auto select when you are in range of the localizer. On the map however, we show all approach paths regardless of the presence of a localizer or glideslope.
    In the next update, the runways with ILS have their approach path rendered at red, so it's easy to know which airports have ILS approaches.
    If you have found a runway that has an ILS approach in real life that we don't show, then it's most likely a bug in the database or in our autoselect code and I'd love a repro :)

We'd love to have Approach Plates in the app, we'll think about that for future releases, and for the airports yes, they are coming :)

You can all those requests on our feedback site at http://feedback.flyingdevstudio.com

Thanks for the comments, and let me know if you have any other questions :)

--
    Matt
    Flying Development Studio's Chief Pilot :)

2. kpao

kpao Active Member

Infinite Flight 1.2 is out!

Hello Guys,

Infinite Flight 1.2 is out!

This version bring great new features and bug fixes. Our newest airplane is the CRJ-200, which was the top request on our feedback site in the Aircraft Category when we started working on it last month. It comes as a free add-on with this update. Missions are also part of the top requested items, we’ve listened, and this update comes with a Space Shuttle with 4 missions, a set of precision landing missions for the Boeing 747 as well as 3 formation flight missions with the Spitfire!
    We also made improvements to the map control with added support for pinch-to-zoom and panning, making flight planning much easier. The map also shows more Navigation Data with Airways and Fixes.
    On the bug fixes front, we fixed issues with the controls, sound, achievements and flight model.

Here is the full list of features and fixes for this release:
    - Added the Bombardier CRJ-200
    - Added the Space Shuttle (With 4 landing missions)
    - Added support for elevator trim
    - New missions for the 747 (Landing)
    - New missions for the Spitfire (Formation Flight)
    - Improved runways (Markings and new texture)
    - Added pinch to zoom and panning to the map control
    - Added Airways and Fixes to the map (usable in flight plans)
    - Tweaked physics of the 321 (adjusted weight) and Cessna 172 (Adjusted weight and lift curves)
    - Better nose wheel behavior (steering angle increased)

Bug Fixes:
    - Inverted controls issue is now fixed
    - Sound shouldn't go away anymore
    - Fixed broken drag computation that caused uncontrollable spins
    - Fixed broken landing achievements

Download:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infinite-flight/id471341991?mt=8

Video showing some of the new features:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Qy6WOBJpE

Screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/1Bic3

Let us know what you think :)

--
    Matt
    Flying Development Studio Chief Pilot

3. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    After I updated to the new Version 1.3, the App keeps crashing when I try to select an Airplane. I have found out that it's because I have disabled "In-App purchases" on my device. When I enable "In-App purchases" in the Settings, the App works fine again.

4. kpao

kpao Active Member

Thank you for the report and for the workaround, we've indeed received a couple emails about this. We'll push an update ASAP.

Regards,
    Matt

5. kpao

kpao Active Member

We've fixed the issue in an update that was approved today!

Thanks again for the report :)

6. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Yes I saw that moments ago. No problem. :) I haven't seen a bug fix that was fixed and approved so quickly. Very nice.

7. kpao

kpao Active Member

Thanks, Apple did a lot to help out on this one.
    The issue on our end was a one line fix, we just had to have them agree to expedite the review process and they were nice enough to agree :)

8. kpao

kpao Active Member

We've pushed our latest update, let us know what you think guys :)

9. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Awesome sound! Animation is superb. I like this flight.

10. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Looks great, but i really need a cockpit to enjoy these things. A working cockpit with moving instruments. Atleast the nav/ils and a few other things. Any plans on adding a 2d cockpit ala xplane/ms fs? I´m guessing that would make more sense on the ipad, rather then a 3d one with tiny navigation windows, you probably would have to zoom in and around all that stuff while flying...

11. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    +1000

I was just about to suggest this. A 2d cockpit or even a virtual cockpit like fsx would be a great addition.

12. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    It does have a virtual cockpit but the only thing that moves are the yokes. All instruments are static. Pretty, but useless :)

13. kpao

kpao Active Member

We're still looking into how we'll handle the cockpit. I've personally never been a big fan of the 2D cockpits, everything is cramped on there...

14. kpao

kpao Active Member

Indeed, it's just not an easy thing to do. There are performance implications especially on low power devices like the older iphones/ipods...

We're actively thinking about though, in fact we already experimented with instruments in the 3D view:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=360655884010692&set=a.261981530544795.61719.125847247491558&type=3&theater

Matt

15. kpao

kpao Active Member

Flight Unlimited 2/3 has this (static VC) it still was great to use :)

16. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #56 chris1a, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    I say try 2D cockpit, with your typical stuff on like nav/ils/radios etc. One or two generic Cessna-ish panels and one or two glass panels for the bigger planes. Just like the ones you would find in MS FS or X-plane. But keep the 3D view with as an option. Slapping a green HUD on top of the 3D view I think is a bad idea for the immersion of the simulation. Sure, might be cramped on a small phone but the iPad will benefit greatly.

I wanna be able to chose a cockpit panel and navigate to another airport using VOR/ILS etc without even seeing outside the "window". Only instrument flying. Speaking of, is this possible now in the sim? Does it have VOR, ILS etc?

17. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    #57 fenderbendr, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    Maybe something like this but without the radios and smaller.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I'm really liking the new replay feature. By slowing it down, you can see if you bounce on the landing. Very neat. The new camera angles are really nice too. Keep the updates coming!

18. kpao

kpao Active Member

We tried snapping the HUD on top of the 3D view, testers liked it but I personally wasn't a fan, it seemed weird...

The problem with the cockpit also is that we need an artist to design it for us...

We have ILS yes, it's automatically selected based on the runway you're in range of and flying towards.

19. kpao

kpao Active Member

Glad you like the update :) I actually spent a lot time on the replay. I was always frustrated with replays and camera options in other simulators. I'm basically building the features I always wanted to have hehe :)

We'd love to have a cockpit like the one you show, but it requires a lot of work. It's going to be an interesting problem to solve :)

20. chris1a

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Having that cockpit on your iPad and the outside view on your tv via AirPlay would be pretty cool.

Can you plot using VOR? Or is it more like fly around a bit and hope you find an airport with an ILS you can intercept? :)