Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Yes, but that's the fun and strategic part of PP, having very different planes in your hangar, ready for different type of events.

I first used Mapples and bought Yakoutsk, already having Seoul.
    Then, I decided to use P planes to accelerate the pace. Bought 5 kangaroo P stalking the market. and had to choose which planes to put in the hangar to give them the slots, as well for a couple Sequoias P I had in my hangar.

But dammit I saw I had to buy another airport because they couldn't do Seoul-Yakoutsk lie the Mapples, so I bought Kirkousk.
    Then I decided to buy Shengyang as it is a closer class 3 and fully upgraded it and closed Kirkousk.
    That's where the fun is imho.
    If you just have to push a fleet of Sequoias to half a dozen class 3 airports, where's the fun after a few hours of play?

2. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I'm still using my Class 1 Cargo planes to deliver the remaining Nagasaki jobs ... And then I'll be able to put away those planes and replace with Class 1 Passenger planes. LOL

3. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Oh wow, I didnt know that was an achievement. I guess Ill work a bit harder. Thanks for informing me

4. Artanix

Artanix Member

Oct 19, 2012

Its what I'm doing, figured I can actually do this event, just not as well as I wanted :)

5. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    You'll do fine, you're sitting right under me at #13. :D And I was struggling for 21st place in the San Diego event, finished 22nd I think. This one I think if we commit to it, we can make top ten. Unless all the heavy hitters come out of the woodwork and decide to take over the leader board. :p

6. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #8686 vicsark, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    If you want to speed things up and can spare a few Bux, try boosting you planes when empty on their back trip.
    I noticed that boosting my empty Roos back to Shenjiang just after they unloaded in Tiksi (35 minute trip) only cost 1 Bux.
    ;)

Why do you even bother?
    Just kill the poor b.stards that have been sitting in your airports for 48h! :D
    It's not like you need the coins, just take the last Bux jobs and close up, no?

7. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Out of boredom, Ive decided to pretend to be a news reporter for Pocket Planes. Many of you know me as the guy who lets his brain dance wildly. Well, right not its doing the Gangnam right now.

I guess I'll report on events and weather, feature user/airline, and I'm guessing featured flight? still in the works if you guys like this... I'll discuss more later.

Attack this post!

8. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Yes Yes ! I need someone to take over my reporting job. I was too busy to do much. I haven't put in a single plane (Bought Tiksi, then realize I need more cities)

9. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Was going to sit this one out, but forgot about the Achievement, so I might just do enough to get that done. Just added a London/Paris -> Rio/Sao Paolo route and got my planes back running their regular routes so it'll probably be a slow haul since I don't want to reorganize again to really go hard at it.

10. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    hmmm that is a good question! I usually kill the low value jobs. This time I couldn't bring myself to kill off the 1900 coin Nagasaki jobs, cuz I get 7000 coins by delivering 3 in a Mohawk. And my city was full of these layovers.
    I've finally cleared them out, picked up Mohawk P parts in the market and I'm now back in business. :D currently ranked #10 with 112 jobs delivered to Tiksi. Going to bed soon, I'll prolly drop down to Top 25 by the time I wake up.

11. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #8691 Slightlynorth, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    Ok.

Back from LA, weekend house guest was just dropped off at the Victoria Clipper terminal, and I am at work.

Time to get serious about some Pocket Planes!

-----

Also, where are we all at on the race to 44,500 BUX? I haven't made as much progress as I had hoped, but I am currently at 17,708. Everyone else check in!

12. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I'm at 52,875 but I don't have the heart to trade them in yet! (would be 1,424,320,312 coins!)

I think I'll probably do a single bank exchange when I've completed the Airpedia checklist and completed the 44 local event checklist. At that point, I'll have "finished" the game, so it would be a good time to go for the maximum airline value.

13. jh3210

jh3210 Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I am at 19,810 right now. Going slower than I anticipated, and I am sure I will run out of coins around 35,000 and will have to run a profitable airline for a week or so to finish the task ;)

14. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    That went out the window when I had to buy and upgrade class 1 P/C planes for the global events ... the disadvantage of having an M fleet and wanting to participate in the P/C events. I'm at 17,300.

Does anybody know how chatty PP is with their servers? I'm wondering if PP is part of the reason why I get close to hitting my monthly data quota. Or maybe it's several of the other games my daughter plays which require internet access.

15. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    39,012 at the moment....:D

16. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #8696 vicsark, Nov 5, 2012
    I'm at 15800 after an orgy of Bux during the SD event and a costly rebalancing of my fleet.
    I made an astonishing 15k Bux since we launched TA1, spent 3k.

I'm trying a more streamlined setup.
    I closed 6 of my 15 usual airports (Lima, Chicago, Kinsasha, Lagos, Mumbai, Tokyo)
    I kept LA, NY, Rio, SaoPaulo, Paris, London, Istanbul, Shangai, Seoul.
    Massive downsizing, many Bitizens on the dole!

I also have now 9 Sequoias M sitting in each airport dedicated only to Bux collecting.
    The only layovers I take now are the Bux or event jobs.
    Coins are totally irrelevant to me at this point.
    So far bux collecting with plane sitting works well.
    But I didn't notice a big jump of jobs available per airport going from 15 to 9.

17. KitFisto22

Jun 18, 2012
    #8697 KitFisto22, Nov 5, 2012
    [N/A]

18. MishaK-R

MishaK-R Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Costumes?

Hey everyone,

I have a question for you. Do you put costumes on your pilots, and if so, on which planes and what costumes do you prefer?

19. KitFisto22

Jun 18, 2012
    #8699 KitFisto22, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    Pocket Planes Daily News​

Good evening, morning, and afternoon! I'm KitFisto22 here to report to you the events of this game.

In Tiksi, a Class 1 city is hosting a Medical Conference. A magnificent Air Show is taking place in Manchester. The newest Pocket Planes Short is being filmed in Belgrade. In Kananga, a rock n' roll Elvis Convention is getting under way. Luckily, the only weather problem I have to report is that Havana is currently closed due to fog. Land carefully and be mindful of birds.

Looking at the Global Event Leader board for Flight Crew TouchArcade1, with a random pick, today's featured airline manager is....
    BACONFATS! With a ranking of 4th place and 322 jobs, BACONFATS is today's featured airline manager.​

This has been the Pocket Planes Daily News. I'm KitFisto22 taking over for CastlePage. Remember, fly fast, and fly safely.

(Post subjected to changes within game.)

20. dantt99

dantt99 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks for the report. :D:D:D