Critical Strike Portable by Studio OnMars

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dennis40, Jul 26, 2012.

1. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    This is already out if you have a jailbroken idevice. It plays pretty nice online. Honestly doubt apple will let it out on the appstore...

2. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Works really well on the ipad 3

3. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Also there is way too much auto aim... Is there a way to turn it off?

4. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    There is no iap

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I'm jailbroken, how do I get this?

6. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
  7. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Why what's wrong with it? Is it too violent or something?

8. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Well almost every texture and gun is ripped from cs 1.6. But with ables track record of letting copyrighted content in I bet it will enter the app store.

9. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Will this be available in the app store anytime soon?

10. Two_Face

Two_Face Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I was a District Attourney
    Gotham
    Probably not, to me it is very buggy but really fun. It has a lot of stolen stuff

11. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Damn, that sucks. I'd love an online FPS that isn't a gameloft game.

12. Two_Face

Mar 2, 2011
    Gotham
    I recommend just jail breaking your phone. Some google and YouTube = this fps on your idevice

13. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    My device is jailbroken.. How long will this take to get the game on my iPod? How big is the file?

14. Two_Face

Mar 2, 2011
    Gotham
    43.4 mb I believe. Just google how to install ipa files

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You have a point but up until recently, this was a beta game. It just in the last two weeks or so went out of beta so a lot of bugs are ironed out. Plus it is updated a lot.
    Plus, it is built on unity 3d, not on the Half Life engine used in Counter Strike 1.6.
    In relation to using stolen assets, the developer has clearly said:
    "this Critical Strike Portable game has no connection to Valve Corporation company.The Critical Strike Portable does tribute original Counter Strike v1.6 but is an independent game developed from the scratch using self-made code and resources".
    I'm fairly sure that if it actually used any stolen assets, Valve would have put an end to it already.
    Plus, the developer has worked on it on his own time, charges nothing for it and has no iap in it so he is making absolutely nothing from it. He does have a donate button to offer thanks, or buy himself a coffee as he says himself, on the homepage but he obviously is not out to rip people off.
    He simply made an homage, or an emulator, to a game he loved playing in the past and made it available on current devices at no personal benefit according to any of the information I've found on it.

16. Two_Face

Mar 2, 2011
    Gotham
    Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I thought most of the textures were stolen cause they are almost identical to the original. Hopefully apple will allow this then. To the dev Thanks for the hardwork!

17. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    A freemium game that has no IAP... That's rare!

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #38 Rip73, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    The google play version is like that. You do earn cash in game for weapons but there is nothing in the game that actually costs real money. I thought new maps would be iap but it turns out their just downloadable for free.
    I'm assuming the iOS version will be the same.
    There's loads of reviews on google play site so it's worth checking it out. A lot of them are surprised that the game cost them nothing either and quite a few ask where is the iap catch, even though there is none.
    Has 4.5 star rating on it as well which is pretty good.

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I want to say I enjoy this, but I can't. It lags just like MC3, but good news is that there are graphic options like you can choose field of view etc. Lag is probably workable, but the controls... They suck. I won't go further than saying they suck.

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #40 Rip73, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    Haven't had any lag at all myself and I played a lot of full matches today on a galaxy s3.
    There's has been some server issues though considering the number of Google play downloads, that doesn't really surprise me.
    The controls could definitely do with a bit of tweaking though, the fire button in particular could do with repositioning.
    It does have a double tap to fire option but i just can't get aiming right on that option.
    I do still find it very enjoyable. I can definitely see how it wouldn't be to everybody's taste though.