a few Gnome Escape questions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by one.sixty.four, Aug 8, 2013.

1. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #1 one.sixty.four, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    hi. I'm pretty new to gnome escape and it just have a few questions about it. ok, here goes:

* have you had any problems with it? (spam, bugs, ect)

*when you redeem your gooms, in what form does your app come in? (promo code, gift, ect)

*is it considered piracy? (since you aren't paying)

*i think I'm beginning to understand how it works, but correct me if I'm wrong: devs pay gnome escape to have their app featured on it. then gnome escape takes some of the money from the devs and gives it to the redeem-able game's devs and keeps the rest as profit. am i right?

thanks for any and all answers, one.sixty.four

2. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
  3. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Do you need any help or Everthing solved?

4. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I still need help. :)

5. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    1.I had no problem bugs or anything.Infact they reply to you fast if you have any problem just mail them.
    2.When you redeem gooms they send you a gift code I mail on the email you entered.I once checked on my purchase list and it was written gift from Gnome Escape.
    3.Its not piracy(as far as I know).They get payed and they give a little share to the user in form of apps.
    4.The dev pay them to feature there apps on Gnome Escape.They do so and earn there share and user earns there.
    Sometimes there are payed apps too.In which case you get a benefit too.But I suggest you to leave an honest review so nobody is harmed and people know your true opinion.
    THEY WILL GIVE YOU GOOMS FOR BAD REVIEWS TOO.MEANING IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE APP THEN SAY YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT AND HATED IT.
    I hope this helps!

6. It is a great service. I highly recommend using it.

7. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks for the help guys. :)

8. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    oh, i have one more question. how soon can i expect my gooms? i posted 1800 worth of reviews and they have all posted but i haven't gotten my gooms yet. :( thanks!

9. They can take from very quickly to one day, ocasionally up to 3 days.

I would say one day is about normal.

10. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    ok. it's been about a day. how can I make sure they have my iTunes username?

11. Email their support address, i think it was support@ their webpage or something, they will more than likely respond pretty quick. If you don't think they got the correct itunes, email them, and ask, they will get back to you.

12. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    GE gnone es

* 1 No Spam etc, the best there is for getting apps for free ;) Only problem I had, where some reviews didn't stay=got erased. You review the app and go back and its gone. It's an iTunes problem. Just have to go back and review it again when you review other apps until it sticks! Then once it stays you can take a snap shot and email GE and they'll credit you for that review.

* 2 Redeem your gift code, it comes to your email as a link. Click the url in your email and it will open itunes to redeem the code - asks for your name/password 1st. If you hit cancel in itunes look back at the browser URL for the code. In case you want to gift it to someone or if you have a 2nd account. Some have one for reviews tests, a junk account + another (for non-lite and paid quailty apps) account.

* 3 Nope your doing a job and getting paid ;) as are they too.

* 4 something like that. :rolleyes:

Yes check your review username in itunes on your pc/mac. Then go into setting on GE (MY PROFILE / EDIT and see your username=reviewname. Otherwise if you don't know what your review name is you can leave a review for an app and go back to edit it and see your review username.

It's the best quality system out there, others like FAS etc suck badly or are a waste of time. GE also just added gift card lotto giveaway (while not taking anything away), which is just a bonus extra for everyone!

13. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok, I tried changing the username, but it said that mine was too short. WHAT?? Why does it matter if that's my username? Will sending them a screenshot of the reviews avoid this?

14. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Email them to change your username.I had this problem with my email and I asked them to change it and they did without any problem.
    One more thing Dont try to make more than one accounts, if they find out they will ban you, or maybe give you a warning!

15. I had a problem where my itunes nick was too long, they had to manually fix it. Email their support email, they will get to you quick.

I also have a hunch they read the FMA thread, whenever I have posted something there, something seems to have been taken care of quickly.

So I recommend posting about it in there, and then emailing the support. If that doesn't work, then let me know. Take care.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What do Leaf Points do

17. Well, currently, all of your reviews from October, November and December give you one of these. These are then used as raffle tickets in a raffle that the people at Gnome Escape are doing. Currently, the prize for that is an iPad mini (or US$100 gift card if you're not from America)

18. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    normally they get put in a raffle for a weekly + monthly gift card drawing. just an extra bonus for reviewing apps. I seen the nick names of 1 or 2 users on her win.