GIMPShop User

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by DHrox, Mar 25, 2009.

1. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    For all those who might be interested, I can do graphic work for you. Example below. BTW, I don't support the war. It's a project for school!:D

[​IMG]

2. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Ugh, sorry. Hit wrong thread area!

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Moved for you, just send me a PM next time I don't usually catch profile notes. ;)

4. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Oi, thanks. Close call!

5. kuler51

kuler51 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    it may be a dumb questions (i dont want to be mean either) but what is it?

6. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    GIMP Shop is like Photoshop, minus the cost.

7. ...and most of the features. I keep trying to like GIMP, but I just can't deal with the weird way in which it handles many of its functions. I mean, it's got the potential to be good, and it has some nice features, but it feels like it was designed by engineers: It does everything it says it does in none of the ways you expect it to -- at least if you're already used to the way programs like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro does things.

Paint.net is also another freebie (Windows), and it works marginally better but still has its issues, and I freaking hate the multiple window layout.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack. But I think the previous questioner was asking what the picture was, and I'm not entirely sure myself. Not to offend or anything, but you might want to pick something of yours that's a little less abstract and doesn't look like whatever was supposed to fill in that whitespace was torn out by someone making a collage. That one doesn't really seem to say "You want me to do graphics for you. Go on, admit it." It kind of says, "I like the magic wand."

8. MattH

MattH Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    I love Gimp, not sure what GimpSHOP is unless its the same thing. I like whatever you made, kinda looks like a rhino hanging from a glider :) Thats my interpretation at 2:30am. :p

9. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    looks like a helicopter...or a bunch of people with fists in the air :p

10. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Well, if it weren't for our soldiers, the US would be in ruins right now. But with the new president it can only get worse...

On topic, what is in the picture?

11. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I get it now! It is an alligator!!!

12. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Huh? A lot of things came to mind when I saw that :)
    But not an alligator.

13. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Maybe I should stop hijacking other peoples threads, but I'm kinda in the same category.

I work in photoshop CS3 and have done so for 5 years, I'm very young for a designer with 5 years of experience, but I just finished work with two other app developers and as it was a very positive experience I would love to do more of that kind of work.

As my signature says, if you are interested send me a message and I will give you my mail and we can continue discussion there. I do some work for free, but if you want several images or more complex stuff, a little payment (last time I just got gifted a bunch of iTunes songs) would be nice.

I will post a bit of my work as soon as the person I worked for tells me its OK, as the game is still unreleased and I don't really have much idea about how successful it will be, I don't want to spoil anything.

14. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Wow you must be my clone or something. Everything above applies for me except so far I've worked with one developer only.

15. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    In case y'all are wondering, it's a UH-60 Blackhawk deploying troops. If you like close to the landing gears, the white mass is their feet.

16. Oh! I see it now. I was going to say helicopter of some sort -- really! -- but I couldn't quite make that one out. I can see now that the original photo was taken from an angle; the stabilizer sticking out at the back threw me 'cos there was no context in which to put it.

So, yeah... perhaps you might want to show some artwork with a little more detail in it. ;)

17. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, working on it. So many other projects I have to do...:(:(

18. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    This made me lol irl.