*Hook Champ Achievements Guide*

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Twiddle, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    #1 Twiddle, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    Hello, I am a Hook Champ fan, and to help some of you out, I have decided to create an achievements guide. I am proud to say that I have every achievement in Hook Champ. There are 48 achievements in total. In order to obtain these achievements, you must have some sort of wireless connection on your iDevice, and an Openfeint account in Hook Champ. Please take note: This guide contains spoilers, so do not read this guide unless you want my help to get all the achievements. If you are unsure whether to get Hook Champ or not, please refer to my review, and Rocketcats official website. All of the achievements add up to be a total of 890 Openfeint Points.

Difficulty Rating

Green - Easy Difficulty to unlock

Orange - Average Difficulty to unlock

Red - Hard Difficulty to unlock

Purple - Extreme Difficulty to unlock

Achievement Guide

EASY

"Punch in the Nose" Run into a wall a few times, easy as pie.
    [​IMG]

"Exploding Fireball" Once you get to the levels with lava or sewer leakage, just drop down into it and blow up... yep, it's a achievement.
    [​IMG]

"Who's Wimpy Now?" Beat the Golden Wimpy level, simple.
    [​IMG]

"Second Place" Let the monster eat you.
    [​IMG]

"Hot Pants Denied!" Play as Jake and buy at least level 1 Hot Pants, then go into any level with lava (Gold Bull is a good one), and let the Hot Pants propel you up, but instead of saving yourself, fall to your death.
    [​IMG]

"Bat Attack" Beat the Golden Bat level.
    [​IMG]

"Dry Bones" Find a level with a few bones, and run up and kick 'em around.

[​IMG]

AVERAGE

"Fuzzy Business", "Fursplosion" and "Minigore Massacre". I decided to group all of these achievements together, because they are achievable all at the same time. The best way to get all three of these is to simply go slow, and shoot every Furry in sight. All of these levels are difficult to beat if you're trying not to use your gun, or if you're trying to do a speedrun. Speedrun later, shoot now.
    [​IMG]

"Burning Nethers" For this achievement, go to the Silver Bull level, and play through about half of it, then you'll see dissolving platforms right in the lava. Walk on these for 10 seconds, and you get this achievement.
    [​IMG]

"Bat Splat" Go to any bat level with a maxed out Husk Musk, and splat at least 45 bats.
    [​IMG]

"Froggin'" Beat the Golden Frog level. For the first play through, avoid touching the water, or you will lose. Stay Up high.
    [​IMG]

"Monkey Bidness" Beat the Golden Monkey level.
    [​IMG]

"Winner!" Go on Openfient and find a friend that plays Hook Champ, challenge him, and win. If you have no friends, send Hookbot a challenge.
    [​IMG]

"Mo' Money" Find a level with a good amount of coins, and get 20 coins in 10 seconds.
    [​IMG]

"Rocket Launcher" Buy four rocket fuels, and use them all up in one level.
    [​IMG]

"AAARGH!!" Play as Gunny, and fire 4 shotgun blasts in 5 seconds.
    [​IMG]

"Block Breaker" Play a Frog level and shoot through 9 blocks without touching the ground. You cannot use Hookbot to do this.
    [​IMG]

"Hot Pants Deployed!" Play as Jake and buy hot pants, then go into lava.
    [​IMG]

"Moneybagz" Collect 1000 coins. The fastest way to gain coins are to go to a gold or silver map, or to get first place in local scores. There are hidden coins and gems in all maps, most of the time they're up high.

[​IMG]

HARD

"Addiction" Buy 40 hats.
    [​IMG]

"Local Celebrity" Place first place in 24 local scoreboards. This is also a great way to get coins.
    [​IMG]

"Broncobuster" Beat the Golden Bull. This is one of the first levels that is very hard. Play as Jake and max out jets, jet fuel, and hot pants. Also buy 2 shotguns.
    [​IMG]

"Rat Runner" Beat the Golden Rat. To beat this level, you must play as Gunny, and max out shotgun and shotgun barrel. Avoid going below the sewage to get the gems the first time you play through.
    [​IMG]

"Skull Survivor" Beat Golden Skull. To do this, play as Jake. This level is like an upped version of Golden Bull. Good luck.

[​IMG]

EXTREME

"Master of the Hook" Probably the hardest achievement to get. You must beat all the hatbox levels. Take a deep breath, I'm surprised you've gotten this far. If you're stuck on Stone Hat, don't fret, it's the hardest level, just make sure to use your shotgun ammo conservatively. If you're stuck on Silver Hat, when you get to the lava wall, make sure to use your jet and it will propel you to the other side. If you're stuck at the rings, make sure to use casual controls, and try to take bigger swings so you only have to latch onto every other hook. This is the biggest achievement you can get, so keep trying.
    [​IMG]

"King of the Swing" Also a legendary achievement. To win this you must place #1 on the global boards. No, it doesn't matter if you lose first place, you still keep this achievement and the hat. It's best to go for the global highscore right after the highscores are reset, which happens every week or so. Also, it's a good idea to pick a map that has less competition.

[​IMG]

890 Openfeint points in total!

Thanks guys, if you have any questions, feel free to ask on this thread. Feedback and compliments also welcome. If I made any mistakes, tell me.

Now updated with Minigore levelset achievements!

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    This is an excellent post and guide. Well done. Thanks, if I ever come back to get more points out of this game, I will surely use this thread.

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Excellent Guide! ;)

4. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Yeah, definitely!

5. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys!

6. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Very nice!

7. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    wow, i'm impressed!

8. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Thanks bud, I plan on the hat guide being fairly similar to this guide... except for hats, of course. :)

Haha, you're a really happy guy, you know that? :)

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    have fun getting all the achievements, everybodie

10. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Thanks! Very Helpful, I can't beat silver hatbox though :p

11. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    That one takes patience, if you can't beat it because of lag, that should be fixed in the next update. How far do you get before you wipe out? There are 3 sets if rings, first one has them set at random spots, take those two at a time, for the second set that has all of them going straight, try taking one at a time. For the last set, I needed luck, and after that set, just stay focused and you should win.

12. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

I just keep getting hung up in the second set, I'll get it eventually just gotta keep trying

13. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Yeah, what you should really do is see if taking two rings at the same time is better or one. I thought I would never get past Stone Hatbox, but I did, and I was happy. When I got to Silver, I thought I couldn't get past it, but I did eventually. It really takes more patience than it does skill. Keep at it and you'll get there eventually.

14. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    wow u r probably the most responsive thread starter, keep up the good work.:D

15. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Thanks! I try. :)

16. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

top notch guide bro! For the last achievement do u have any idea what maps have the least competition and when the scores are reset? i guess if u send your score like 20 second after the scores are reset then u would get the acheievment right?

17. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Yep, you're lucky because I heard that the highscores are being reset this weekend. Any level that is bronze is probably going to have less traffic, but I could be wrong. If you have a map you can do decent in, just try to do that one.

18. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Hew, Twiddle, you need to change the "Burning Nesters" achievement to easy now because if you get the new update, then fire-proof Hookbot, it's insanely easy.

19. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    but, remember u have 2 pay 4 hookbot

20. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Are you sure that Hookbot can get that achievement?