best td games out there

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gizmoe, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Gizmoe

Gizmoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    Texas...(not really)
    i got my ipod a week ago and have bought alot of apps already.but it seems that i just love td games..i only have the creeps and stardefense...which other ones would u guys recommend??

thx in advance

2. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    you are gonna get flamed in a minute when annoying forum members see this. I don't care, but they flip out. I would reccommend geodefense (my personal favorite), and fieldrunners. I don't have these, but i hear 7 cities and elemental monster TD are quite good.

3. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Fieldrunners, great game, get it now:)

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    GeoDefense, FieldRunners, Sentinel 2: Earth Defense (Unbelievable Game, Just Came Out) Star Defense, Defender Chronicles, and I'll find more. :)

5. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    fieldrunners is fun, but it lost appeal for me. I only liked the first map and didn't really play the others at all. Geodefense has almost 40 maps i think. It's fixed path TD and it's almost a puzzle game to be honest trying to think of the best strategy for each level. The difficulty of the game is brutal i must warn you before you consider a purchase, but if you like a challenge you should enjoy it

6. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    o yeah there is sentinel and sentinel 2 which just came out. Some people like it, but I'm not a fan. I got bored with it and found it very uninteresting

7. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    But but but, it has pretty graphics.....jk. I just prefer open maps instead of fixed paths TD but to each his own:)
    I will give Geodefense a try and see what i've missed

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Here are the ones that come to mind...

2D
    Defender Chronicles (deep TD with RPG elements)
    Sentinel 1 & 2 (visually among the best)
    ElementalMonstersTD (TD with a card system)
    Besiegement (offers both fixed and non-fixed path maps)
    7 Cities (mainly fixed path but has one non-fixed path map with a crystal upgrade system)
    Geodefense (retro graphics and lots of levels)
    Fieldrunners (graphically looks good, but limited in upgrades when compared to other TDs)

3D
    TowerMadness (I like the graphics; downloadable maps)
    Sweetwater Defense (underrated and has 25 maps)
    Star Defense (decent graphics but TD concepts are pretty basic)

9. Gizmoe

Gizmoe Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Student
    Texas...(not really)
    gona check out geodefense thx...also i got fieldrunners and was a little disappointed

10. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Yet another best TD thread with people forgetting iTD. My personal favorite TD.

11. cathy

cathy Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Sentinel! I've never liked TD's before but I bought it by accident and was going to whine to apple but I started playing and it was amazing. Very very good looking too.

12. robertf224

Mar 28, 2009
    iTD has aged. The graphics are unexciting and the game is really not good compared to newer offerings.

13. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    What he said!

14. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Anyone care to convince me to buy Star Defense??? It looks fun but... eh... I'm not sure. I've been dissapointed by too many TDs before and the price is turning me away... Anyone?

15. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    It's 6 dollars.

16. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    287/477 ratings on iTunes are 5 stars. 48 are 1 stars. Most people like Star Defense.

17. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    #17 PeterM11, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    Um... Yeah. Ha. I wasn't asking how much it was.. I meant to just be asking for any convincing. XD
    Sorry for the confusion.

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Star Defense

Star Defense is my favorite TD. Beautiful very smooth, eye catching graphics. The controls are awesome and so is the zoom features. Use either two fingers spread to zoom in and out or double tap the screen. Move by dragging your finger across the 3D planet and it feels very natural.

I like how balanced Star Defense is as well. You have to balance out your arsenal while also placing them stratigically. You can't just throw out the same of one type of weapon and expect to when because certain enemies are immune to certain defenses. It shows you the type of upcoming monster wave before it happens, tells you it's weaknesses, and a nice pic of it before the timed wave starts. You also have an option to start the upcoming wave be fore it's countdown. You can also tap your defense type to pop of a nice pic along with info regard it. This is all very well put together. The way the levels are made are just awesome.

Plus+ online is awesome and adds more to the game as well as the many acheivements the game offers. Online scores, playing against people online and a growing community. When you upgrade your defenses you can see the changes visually. There is going to be added planets and hopefully more towers in future updates. One thing I would like is a mode And/or option to take off the weapon cap because when u get into higher waves it would help a lot.

As stated the price is nothing to complain about. I do like my other TD's but Star Defense is solid and is my favorite Tower Defense game and it's only going to get better! :D

19. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    The Creeps, Sentinel, Sentinel 2, GeoDefense, Defender Chronicles, Dungeon Defense, Tower Madness, Sweetwater Defense, and 7 Cities are all definite recommends from me.

I dunno, I've looked repeatedly at video for Field Runners, and it just doesn't do anything for me.

You could also try Battlefield, it has a neat concept with awarding medals to towers along with traditional buying upgrades.

20. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    That was the convincing, it costs less than a movie ticket,and a meal pretty much anywhere.