Hills and Rivers Remain

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by skyye06, Sep 24, 2009.

1. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    #1 skyye06, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Change? They threw in a lame port of their weakest shit possible.

3. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    So let me get this straight, Square is villanized for bringig so called "lame ports" to the device. But what is it people wantfrom Sqiare? Ports of final fantasy.

If you're gonna argue and criticize Square for these games they are making, don't make the "lame port" arguement. Because any FF game the bring will essentially be a lame port.

Personally, Despite being somewhat low quality games, at least they're trying to be somewhat original. Instead of some of these megaman or sonic ports.

4. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    this one looks OK, will wait for the review first.

5. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Porting a Final Fantasy game would be huge. That would turn the heads of millions of gamers towards the iPhone. Right now the largest franchise to bring over a full game on the iPhone is GTA (soon). Final Fantasy is even larger.

But, I'd love to see Chrono Trigger also.

6. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Song Summoner looks better.

7. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    #7 Maeks, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a port of Final Fantasy, particularly VI, or Chrono Trigger, etc.

It's just that some of these game companies just can't win in the eyes of message board patrons. If it's a port of anything BUT a Final Fantasy game, it will be criticized for NOT being a Final Fantasy game. It's the double standard of "ports are lame unless it's a port of this game I really want, then it's cool".

Not to mention that so far, the games Square has brought really haven't been bad at all. Aside from the obscenely large button from Crystal Defenders (did they patch that out? I played it when it first came out), they all seem to be decent, especially for the App Store. Well, I did play the lite version of the Sliding Heroes, that was kind of bleh....

8. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Yep, its out