Universal Finn in 1989 (by Deeper Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Deeper Games, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Deeper Games

Deeper Games Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Excited to see this

[​IMG]

2. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Is there any iPhone resolution wallpapers. These art works are beautiful.

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi, and thanks for the code once again!

I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far, but I do have to say that the notifications aren't working quite as expected - I don't seem to get them! I have them on - the only thing I turned off was the sound - but it's erratic. There's no "number icon" on the app icon to tell me there are new notifications, and none seem to be triggering while the app is in the background. It seems to accumulate notifications in the "Notification Center" of messages I actually receive while I'm in the app, and they don't disappear when I open the app, I need to explicitly clear them from the Notification Center.

It's not a tremendous problem as I personally go to the app to check in on Finn, but it's probably not the way it's meant to be, as I expected it to be that Finn would reach out when it'd be time to progress.

iPhone 6S, 64GB, iOS 10.3.2.

Otherwise, great game! Congrats on the launch :)

4. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    I am tracking this feedback and looking to fix the notification prompt and bug in my next update. Thank you!

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011

Not at all. Glad to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    #26 Deeper Games, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Working on translation into Chinese next week... it's a larger market and Lifeline did well there. Is anyone here a native Mandarin speaker and interested in a free code to help spot check the translation?

7. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    I've changed the settings so you can now right click and save any image in the press kit here: www.deepergames.com/presskit .. i'll see if I can get any portrait shots made too.

8. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    APPLE WATCH USERS? I would love to talk to you about your pain points of using the watch for playing games like One Button Travel, Lifeline games, etc. I'm making Finn in 1989 support the Apple Watch and wanted some early feedback about the experiences you've had.

9. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    I just watched the trailer for Stephen King's IT... OMG.

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Seem interesting! As an old school gamer growing up in the 80's this seems to hit all the right spots... I'll have try it in the future as I have to many games in my backlog to get started on this one yet...

11. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    Thanks for adding it to the backlog :)

12. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    Chinese Localization Update Coming

[​IMG]

13. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    Update 1.2 Live

I've released 1.2 which includes Chinese localization , bug fixes and a rate the game prompt. I've got promo codes available if any reviewers would like to check it out!

14. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
  15. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Why does this say it's free then I go to the App Store and it's paid? Did I miss the price drop

16. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I picked it up yesterday, for free, here in Canada. It did say that it was free for only one day.

17. Deeper Games

Jul 11, 2017
    Thanks for clarifying for the thread... it was actually up for a total of 36hrs for free. Surprisingly I got over 15K installs in that period... I was hoping to get some awareness and reviews from that effort. Hope you enjoyed!