I've never played a kairosoft game before-> dungeon village

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EventHorizon, Apr 12, 2013.

1. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    So i bought dungeon village a while ago and have only played about 5 minutes because its kind of an odd concept. i've heard that kairosoft games are awesome and i've never played one before, should i continue with this game or just delete it?

2. thiefwriter

thiefwriter Active Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Definitely keep playing. I absolutely love all the kairo games, with Dungeon Village being one og my faves. If you stick with it for about an hour, I think you'll find it hard to put down.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The first minutes, particularly of your first Kairosoft game, are mainly tutorial anyway. There's not a lot of depth so Kairosoft just might not be for you but it'll take more than 5 minutes to decide.

Event Horizon is a great movie too, by the way...

4. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    to be honest, i never get into kairosoft games so can't understand why it's be liked by many people.
    but never be bothered by that, everyone has different tastes and likes different genres.

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Game Dev Story might be a better game for beginners. I was totally fooled by Dungeon Village for a while, thinking that it was my party and the quests they completed that mattered, where actually the player's success is only measured by the growth of the town.

6. ruka

ruka Active Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Programmer
    Internet
    My first Kairosoft game was Dungeon Village too. Addicted until the village is kinda big and the growth stuck because I don't think when creating it, give up when I knew I would have to replace a lot of it and start all over again.

Agree that Game Dev Story is better for trying Kairosoft games though. Most of the people I knew playing it just got hooked playing it.