MumboJumbo Thanksgiving SALE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Nov 24, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/mumbojumbo/id312416866

iPhone (99c):
    Luxor
    7 Wonders: Magical
    Luxor 2
    Glowfish

iPad (99c)
    Everyday Genius
    Unlikely Suspects HD
    7 Wonders HD

iPad($2.99)
    Luxor 2 HD
    Glowfish HD
    7 Wonders: Magical HD
    Samantha Swift
    Midnight Mysteries: Salem
    Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi

Mac (99c)
    Ultraball

Mac ($2.99)
    Unlikely Suspects
    Chainz Galaxy
    LUXOR: Quest for the Afterlife
    GamesDiscovery! Seek & Find
    Luxor HD
    Midnight Mysteries: Devil Standard
    Midnight Mysteries - Salem Standard
    Samantha Swift
    Glowfish HD
    7 Wonders: Magical Mystery

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Chainz HD is on there too - I wish they made that for iPhone. LOVE that game

3. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Why only 40% off 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour HD when it's 70% off the iPhone version (and 80% off 7 Wonders HD)? :confused:

Does anybody have either of the 7 Wonders games on the iPad? Is it worth going for the more recent 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour HD instead of 7 Wonders HD?

Glowfish looks interesting but on which iDevice is it better to play on? An iPhone or an iPad?

4. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    No problem about Glowfish...it is unavailable for now...so don't think about it

5. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Eh?? It's available on the UK App Store, both versions as we speak.

6. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #6 goiMot, Nov 24, 2011
    @DelBoy2181
    7 Wonders: Magical Mystery is in my personal opinion one of the best match3 games of the year. For $2.99 iPad / Mac is a steal!

Glowfish is a little gem, graphically stunning, I think you will enjoy it more on the iPad (even better on your Mac, also on sale for $2.99).;)

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Glowfish - yup, EVERYONE needs to get that one... it's AMAZING!

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #8 pluto6, Nov 24, 2011
    Arrgh - I was all set to get the iPhone version and just put up with the 2x screen.... I guess i will have to get the iPad version- there are some complaints about it running slow on the iPad 1 though? What are you running on?

Also, the Midnight Mysteries are another one to think about - the Salem game was excellent, and it makes me think Devil would be as well...

@NEG - you are right about Chainz - super game... Makes me glad that I have an iPad... It is certainly one of the games that stays on the iPad...

9. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    Never had a problem playing Glowfish on iPad 1 (now I have on my iPad 2), you won't be disappointed.

Salem is my favourite of the Midnight Mysteries because of its dark atmosphere and stunning graphics, the puzzles can be a little on the easy side if you play lost of HOG... BUt I would say BUY BOTH! :D $2.99 for these quality games is a great deal.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Actually, I meant the 7 wonders game - I already have Glowfish - and it is wonderful on the iPad. And, I bought 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery, and the Devil Midnight Mysteries... I agree that Salem is one of the better ones out there...

11. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    7 Wonders HD? Never had a problem with it on iPad 1. Haven't tried it yet on iPad 2.

12. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I bought Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi and I am now about one third through it. I am really liking it just as I did the previous iPad entry in Salem. These 2 games are by far the best of their class I have played on the iPad. I like many of the Big Fish Hidden object entries, but these 2 are far superior. The graphics and sound are excellent and the puzzles are good. Also, there is a good balance between the interesting story, puzzles and hidden object scenes.

On another note, I am tempted by Chainz Galaxy, but many of the reviewers state it is not challenging enough.

13. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #13 Coldar, Nov 24, 2011
    Went ahead and bought Luxor: Amun Rising HD and Luxor 2 HD. I'm seeing slightly smaller balls and paddles than the original Luxor game I'd played earlier but after playing some I'm now getting used to it. I'm really liken the HD graphics, btw.

Add: op, that link has a too many redirects. Not working for me.

14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Totally this.

7 Wonders ranks up there with Treasures of Montezuma. For this price anyone who has the slightest interest in match 3's needs to get this.

15. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Ok. Swayed. Medianotzu mentioned/recommended it earlier also. Can't go wrong. Bought!

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I was playing this last night - I wound up finally going to bed at 4 AM... it is really quite a good match 3...

17. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Glowfish is really excellent, and one of the most visually striking games I've seen. Definitely worth checking out.

18. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Sorry but I've lost everybody. Which 7 Wonders game are you all talking about? 7 Wonders HD or 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour HD? And is it worth getting both or just the more recent Magical Mystery Tour?

19. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Ended up buying my first MumboJumbo games in the form of 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour (both the iPhone and iPad versions) and Glowfish for the iPhone. I hope they don't drop the price even further for 7 Wonders: MMT HD next month as I'd be well annoyed - seen such things happen in the past but I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

Only played 7 Wonders: MMT on my iPhone 4S so far and it is, without a doubt, a bargain at it's current price. It's very polished, has enough variety and is one of the best looking games I've seen on an iPhone. If you're a fan of Match 3 games I'd definitely recommend it as I'd rank it amongst the top 5 Match 3 games I own.