The Creeps! 1.4.0 coming soon...

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RegularStormy, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 RegularStormy, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
    I submitted it to Apple, so get ready! :)

You wanted more, you got it!

More: Maps!
    More: Enemies!
    More: Bosses!
    More: Achievements!

**By popular request, you are no longer be required to pick a name to play!

**EDIT: Added extra info
    This marks the 11th update for The Creeps! Over the past year I've added new maps, sound effects, new towers, new enemies, new bosses, new locales, a new game mode, facebook support and badges. I also added crossovers with the incredibly popular Pocket God and Doodle Jump games. Later I added online high scores, achievements and twitter support through the free Agon Online service. The Creeps! was the first game to offer Agon's multiple profile support and cloud data feature, allowing you to save your unlocked levels remotely so you wouldn't lose anything when upgrading your device (or replacing an old one). All of these updates have been free. Not bad for a game that only costs $.99 huh?

For version 1.4.0, I've worked for months adding new levels, enemies, bosses, scoreboards and awards. And for the first time ever, there will be some content that is not free. Game development and ongoing support costs money guys! I appreciate your support, and I hope you feel I've earned it over the past year!

In 1.4.0, the things that will be included for free are:
    1. New achievements! For a total possible 1750 pocket score (up from the previous total of 1000)
    2. Players are no longer required to choose a name before playing. Many people have been asking for this, and I've worked with the creators of Agon Online to add this feature.
    3. There's a new help screen that displays your stats. How many gold stars have you earned? How many enemies have you defeated? Bosses? Terrain? How many towers have you built? Sold? Upgraded? Statistics junkies will love it. Plus, some achievements are based on these totals, so you can easily track your progress.
    4. Various bug fixes.

In 1.4.0, there will be 3 level packs available for purchase. They are as cheap as Apple will let me make them without being free. $.99. Each level pack includes 6 brand new levels, including all new DINOSAUR enemies. People have been asking for more of a challenge, so Level packs #1 and #2 are harder than the average level, and level pack #3 has levels that are about average difficulty. If there is demand for it, I may add a 4th, easier level pack for more casual players. Also, some of the new levels include waves that have many more enemies than we've ever had before (up to 40!), including waves with 4 or more bosses in them!

Lots of work has gone into this update, and I hope you enjoy it! I've gotten overwhelmingly positive feedback from everyone who has helped me test it.

Here's a little taste of what's to come...

[​IMG]

2. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    OMG. Don't tease us like that. Is it submitted?
    edit: in my excitement, I fail at reading.

3. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Awesome! I'm glad Apple has picked up the pace on review time. I bet this will be out by Monday. :)

4. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Looks great, is this from when you asked us for ideas?

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    lookin yummie

6. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Wow this is one of the earlier TD games to come out on the app store and I'm glad to see this game getting constant free updates! Good job :)

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I did a beta test on the new The Creeps update and maps - it is epic!

The new maps, bosses and enemies are well designed and had been absolutely fun to play. :)

8. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

It's really too bad I can't get all these updates since my US account got disabled. :(

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Why?

10. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    The beta was AMAZING, can't wait for the full!

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    The Creeps - Still my favorite type of this game - the others come and go - this one stays on the phone. So looking forward to this update!!

12. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Nice, seems like i really should buy this game. Long Time Support is always great to see. :)

13. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I tested and if you want some challenge, new levels definitely have it.

There are also easier levels for those who think the regular game is hard :p.

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I liike this game,..I like it

15. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Just bought it, definately looks cute so far.

16. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I love the creeps, but I always have to play with my phone plugged in! Kills the battery really fast.

17. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Because I bought iTunes gift cards from a fraud. iTunes support contacted me a couple months later and disabled my account. I paid the full price for those gift cards though... And yes, I asked for re-enabling but they couldn't.

18. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

The battery is CRAP. After 4-5 hours it's dead (3GS).

19. Yes it is :). I appreciate everyone's input, and although it started as just an example idea, I had a huge number of people message me personally that they wanted to see dinosaurs... it was easily the most popular suggestion. I'm extremely happy with how they've turned out. Derek Sakamoto has once again delivered some incredible artwork!

20. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Favourite TD and maybe even close to my favourite game on the iPod. Definitely recommended and I'm super excited for the update.