Favorite games to play when you're stressed out and need to unwind?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dragon4ever, Jul 11, 2011.

1. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    We've all been there before I'm sure. During those times of stress whether it be from work, school or a relationship, what games do you like to play to help you relax?

Tiny Wings is probably my most favorite.

2. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Well, if I'm angry/stressed out, then I'd go to two games. One is NOVA 2, getta shoot the living daylights outta people online. But the best one would definitely be Pocket God. Take out all your wraith on the pygmies!!!!

3. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Chill, dude. He wants games that diminish your anger via relaxation, not destruction. ;)
    Tiny Wings is indeed a great one, and so are Zen Bound 2 and Bumpy Road. BR is cheery like Tiny Wings, though slightly less relaxing, just HAPPY. Zen Bound is kind of eerie, I guess, but it is more relaxing than it might seem.
    Nice thread. :)

4. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    so who says killing alien crud does not help relax :p

At such times, one needs a game that can take one's mind off what ever's stressing one out. It doesn't need to have meditative music and all.

I usually prefer street fighter or tilt to live... but these keep changing. A lot of level based games work very well too. For e.g. League of Evil... taking a five minute break and getting through a couple of levels with three stars helps tremendously to lift the spirits.

5. EnShinNoi

EnShinNoi Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Space Miner. Nothing more relaxing then blowing **** up.

6. Jimbo_00

Jimbo_00 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Zombie smash is always fun to de-stress. There's also pocket god and tiny wings for something more uplifting. For destroying things, I like a small indie game called silverfish.