(music app) TiltTone -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Apparently I already have this but I haven't played with it yet. Looks like a synth/music toy which uses velocimeters/gyroscope to change the tone.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Gave it a try. There are a bunch of things to set for the tone you get to manipulate. Tapping is hitting the instrument (of sorts) while tilting determines the ... um.. frequency (I'm not good with actual music jargon) and it can be augmented on the fly. For free, I checked it out.. but not really much use for this in the long run for me. It does have a pretty nice save feature for keeping track of the tones you create (as well as it has a few predefined options to load)... but no way to record a track or whatever. So, it's a musical toy of sorts.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm not good with the jargon either. I played bass guitar; while I wasn't self taught (4 years of bi-weekly instruction), I'm rhythm section...everyone knows that nearly all drummers and bassists have SOME malfunction of one type or another ;).

4. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I very casually play guitar. I only went as far as learning chords, a few progressions on my own from magazines, and learning to read the chord guides in the various guitar magazines to attempt the stuff I liked at the time because reading actual sheet music seemed beyond what I could figure out on my own. Now, I mostly just play chords and make up words on the fly and have fun with it. Lately though I've been considering learning piano because I think it would be fun to build up to playing some massive classical piece. My wife took lessons for years as a kid so we actually have the piano she grew up playing and she has taught basic piano before... so that is convenient. But it's more a matter of time to fit it in and the patience to know I'd have to dedicate a lot of time (over the course of probably years) to get where I'd need to be to learn a really complex piece.

... sorry for the derail. It's cool there are people here that play instruments (though yeah, I know, I'm pretty much a hack... more along the lines of Adam Sandler than Adam Jones).