Mass Effect Galaxy gets release date.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DOG87, Jun 13, 2009.

1. DOG87

DOG87 Well-Known Member

2. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Greedy EA releasing garbage under the mass effect name.

3. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    WOAH! June 22! 10 more days! I'm stoked about playing this game. Hope it's gonna be good.

4. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    Nice Find mate!
    Mass Effect has potential. Lets hope it lives up to the hype:rolleyes:

5. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Guys... haven't you seen the videos from E3?

It's complete and utter GARBAGE. It's some terrible Smash TV clone for nintendo 8 bit clone.

It has NOTHING to do with mass effect. One of my favorite games ever, being raped by EA to get an extra million dollars.

6. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Here don't take my word for it, if you think this is Mass Effect and you are hyped about it good for you, cuz i'm very mad.

7. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    It didn't look too awful. It certainly isn't like the Mass Effect console version but for the iDevice, it looks good. I'm guessing it's Auto-Fire?

8. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    If it has good controls I'll be all over it. I've been waiting for a polished top down shooter like this for awhile. I love the duck and cover aspects too, enemies don't see you until you're in their line of vision.

9. kqjrjkrawr

kqjrjkrawr Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Student
    New York City
    I want to get this game, but I doubt it will have good controls and compared to the original Mass Effect this game is nothing. Anyways I'll wait for reviews before I make my choice.

10. Greengas

Greengas Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Paper Shuffler.
    Long Island, NY
    Where is the damn alien sex scene! No Sale ;)

11. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
  12. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, here is a small write up about it...

And while the game was designed by Bioware, it plays very differently from the regular console versions. It's much more action-based, and while it does tell a pretty enticing story, it's much less of an RPG.

While Mass Effect played as a third-person shooter, Mass Effect Galaxy actually goes with a top-down view, and takes basic aiming controls out of your hands completely. Instead, you send the main character running around the map with the accelerometer, and he aims and fires at enemies for you. Along the side edge of the touchscreen are your bionic abilities, and you can throw them in as you fight, but mostly, the game is just about navigating Jacob behind cover by tilting the accelerometer.

So, does it work? Kind of. Unfortunately, it seems like Bioware used the accelerometer function for the sake of innovation, rather than having gameplay that demanded it. So while it is an innovative little control scheme, it doesn't really feel connected to the Mass Effect aesthetic. And even if you've already played through the first game, the skills you picked up won't help here -- though Jacob is doing the same things that Shepard did in Mass Effect, you're controlling him in a completely different way. And while it is new, it's not that great.

Full article here: http://www.tuaw.com/2009/06/04/tuaw-at-e3-mass-effect-galaxy-on-the-iphone/

13. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    It's accelerometer so not sure how you can consider it a good or bad. Well, actually, Super Monkey Ball's controls were pretty awful. I prefer touch-based on games like these though. Not sure how the game will turn out.

14. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I really don't enjoy how it was made... Not hyped about this... Kill Test and Touchdogs are good =)... ngmoco:) said that they will try to even Kill Test as much as possible for the purchase feature, as an... Better clothes (doesn't give advantage) and etc. I loved Nintendogs for the DS, i hope this is just as good xD

15. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Was going to buy this until I saw the video. This is trash. Couldn't they have made a game with an Underworld-like engine?! A true Touch action RPG, even if a short one? Pass.

16. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Imagine a terrible version of Dark Raider then add atrocious tilt controls.

17. jFND

jFND Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    I'm going to play it just for the storyline, Mass Effect is still my favourite game of all time.

18. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I doubt it's the same writers. Good soundtrack either save a couple themes.

19. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    What a waste of franchise.

20. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Damn I was hoping for something like Alien Breed.