Universal SPACEPLAN (by Devolver Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, May 4, 2017.

1. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    I was also thinking about his mysterious absence from this thread. :confused:

On another note, I played the original, loved it, so I bought this one too. Not sure if any changes have been made, but I still love it just as much as my first playthrough. Yeah it's a clicker, but it's a very well done clicker, with a weird theme, funny writing and a good progression.

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Things just got very The Martian-y for me! Loving this.

3. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Alright folks I had to do an update because a lot of talk about this just being a clicker. While that is true without giving away to many spoilers this turns into something great if you stick with it. After a hilarious cut scene the game really opens up. You have to begin hitting targets with probes on the planet and traveling around the solar system. I still have much to explore so who knows how much more deep it will get.

4. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I'm so intrigued but need to be sold can anyone help me out. More than just your usual clicker?

5. brianj22

Dec 14, 2016
    I read the comment before mine but need more of a push lol #

6. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Keeps getting better, and weirder, in a good way. I must know more

7. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    This game is amazing so far. Very impressive.

It's not going to be for everyone. For me I am enjoying the story and the suspense it contains but also the building aspect of the game. I am a fan of idle clickers so I can appreciate it.

8. brianj22

Dec 14, 2016
    Bought. Beer and bliss and will check this out at halftime with mood lighting and good ear tweeters!

9. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    No one came back to confirm whether this needs internet to play or not...

I'm tempted to dip, but trying to curb my "just one more game for the huge unplayed collection" habit.

Does this have any replay value?

10. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    whst a boring game
    i dont get it why is ot fantastic
    it should be free not paid
    maybe im wrong

11. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    you are.

12. lucidwalker

lucidwalker Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    The best thing is, this game has an end. Wonderful and very satisfying. I wish there are more games like this. Short with humor and at the end with a good feeling. And the best, no timers, no add, no gems or other money stealing stuff. Internet connection is not neccesary.

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This.

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

The ending. I didn't want it to end. I've never wanted a game to not end so badly in such a long time.

This was very short but I do not and will not regret my purchase. It was beautiful, never outstayed its welcome, never stopped making me laugh, never stopped charming my pants off.

For anyone going in new, take your time. Enjoy it. I expected this to go on for like, a standard endless game for a while, and it does have a definitive ending (and this is old news, its best known for its web presence) and I wish I could have slowed down and enjoyed the experience a bit more.

It's kind of like sex, if you don't know what you're doing you'll just barrel roll in there, and be done then think "holy crap, I just had sex and the toast hasn't even popped yet" - but if you go in knowing that, you can take your time and enjoy how amazing every minute is.

Not for everyone. Definitely not. But for those who it is for, it's astonishing in every possible way.

15. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Amen, Brother.

16. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    Yeah, this is brilliant. Beautiful writing (the most engaging I've come across in some time), a ridiculously silly premise, and an idle/clicker gone into overdrive.

Talk about a time-sink. This is a total gem.

17. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I can't seem to find this sex thing on the AppStore. I'll try it once I'm done with this little beauty. Praying to god it's not free with in-app purchases - or adverts.

18. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Haha methinks the fact that this is a premium clicker and not a free one might have something to do with it. Which would be a shame, because this is hands down one of the best you could play in such a stagnant genre.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Man, what a ride! Hope we get some more realities one day.

20. coloncruncher

coloncruncher Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2016
    This ended way too soon for me, that being said, I still feel $3 was a bargain, something about this one was so interesting and fresh. I gifted several copies, which I don't do often, but I feel like everyone needs to see this.