Has the recent events of digital gaming changed your views

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Desertking24, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    With the elimination of 32-bit eliminating possibly your favorite games and on top of the always ever growing fear of will the new iOS update kill my game, has that change your view on mobile gaming? It sorta has for me, lately now I've been more hesitant on buying the game because unlike Sony or Nintendo or even steam it feels like games feel more like you can't rely on them being there even a few months down the road if you want to replay them. I'm trying to think of a phrase that doesn't make it sound horrible but let's say for example the snes it's fun going back to those games every so often but you sorta feel confident they will be there only exception is if the system don't work but sometimes you can find a replacement, but now it's like a gamble wether the game will work or not.

2. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Somewhat but not really, iOS updates have been breaking games for as long as I can remember. It's ridiculous how many games we lose each year to iOS updates. This year obviously more than any other year though. It doesn't seem to be a big concern to Apple though, doesn't hurt their profits significantly I guess.

3. Desertking24

Feb 21, 2014
    Have you been more cautious about buying a game now?

4. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    I certainly don't want to buy any games now and will mostly play what I still have on my iPad(hope another updates won't break my remaining games,going through KOTOR and Dust as of now,will only buy on consoles and PC,if KOTOR broke well it will be bought on Steam and join KOTOR 2 in my list of games,but still this is really treating your customers like they were nothing and treating gamers like they were a massive pile of shit,always move out,buy in droves our new products and update again over and over.Seriously I though I could use mobile as another gaming platform,but the far too small charge,far too small spaces and constant updates who kill apps and games is too much for me to endure,this is getting too far.

5. Desertking24

Feb 21, 2014
    yeah I get what your saying, granted I love my iPad but it's mostly now for communication and reading...less about playing games anymore, not because the games are boring it's just what's the point in buying premium games when the next update could kill it and in some cases all the developer does is pull the app from the store....looking at you square Enid.

6. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    #6 Beth, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Its annoying that I'm going to end up buying a new IPad just for IOS 11 and beyond ( sounds like sketchy marketing tactic )
    I literally have thousands of $ worth of games, So many I have bought and forgot...always thinking I could download when I get space/time. I imagine others have the same story.
    I'm not updating my current devices past IOS 10 in hopes that I'll still be able to access & play all of my previously purchases.....hopefully
    Its like we never owned anything ...how can I own something that can just disappear at a whim...blah