Sales numbers are almost always the same!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Would love to know if your sales numbers (after the app has settled in and no special events) are always the same (+ 10 % / -10%) range. Same countries, same numbers same recognizable sales patterns.

Or asked differently, does each of your apps have a magical daily sales number that it for some unknown reason (force) always levitates towards.

I have consecutive days that have identical sales, just a different mixture of countries near the end of the reports. ( single sales in new countries)

If so, any explanation for this phenomena would be greatly appreciated!

Str8tsLite for example was doomed from day one! People would just rather pay .99 c for the Str8ts 6 x6.( not complaining) Are certain apps doomed from the get go! Would be interesting to figure out some of the logic behind what makes an app have that sex appeal and good selling karma vs. the apps that just sit and clog up the app store.

Jeff

2. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    co...incidence.

3. TractionGames

TractionGames Well-Known Member

Its a conspiracy!

We are seeing the EXACT same thing here!!!!.

Our 3D Surfing title - Wildcard Pro Surfing has been reporting the same daily sales figures which fluctuate by approx +/- 10% every day.. We have had 4 days in a row where the number was in fact the exact same figure with no fluctuation. Im not talking a small number of sales either, it's actually selling quite well but for these figures to be EXACTLY the same day in day out give or take a few seems rather strange to us.

Lets just say there is an ongoing pool of conspiracy 'theories' going around the office, many of which are too far out there to mention...

4. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

I am wondering if exposure is the key element in the equation.

Same amount of exposure in all the same places = same sales everyday!

Possible answer? But with the huge number of potential customers developers should be allowed to dream of stellar days!

5. eVp

eVp Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    With Wooden Labyrinth 3D's free version the fluctuation is around 1-2% each day (save for the obvious boost during weekend and the overall trend). I keep wondering how 25 000 people find it every day... Then again, mathematically speaking it's obvious that the fluctuation gets smaller with large volumes.

[​IMG]

6. championsoftware

championsoftware Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    After having apps on the store for a year now and keeping daily sales saved I can tell you that your app will do the same number of sales +/- 10% in groups and it just relates to how much exposure you are getting on the net and store. Also holidays like Christmas boost sales because of itunes gift cards so developers can still get those stellar days.