GTA Chinatown Wars or Assassin's Creed 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vinny554, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Both look awesome and are $10, so I aint gettin both. Assassins creed lks amazing, but its only a sidescroller so idk.
    EDIT WRONG SECTION MY BAD! REMOVE THIS THREAD

2. AjBlue7

AjBlue7 Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    it is your bad, they don't take screw ups like these lightly around here... so i heard

3. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    GTA is awesome. It's the top-down perspective GTA of old, in 3-D. Chances are if you like GTA you'll like CW.

Just purchased Ass Creed 2. Graphics are slick on 3GS. I was really impressed when I booted it up and saw how great Enzio looked and moved. Animation is awesome.The game is quick, too. Might be too quick, according to IGN. We'll see about that, though.

Can DEFINITELY recommend GTA. For now I can only recommend Ass Creed 2 if you are a graphics whore who could give a good hot damn about gameplay.

Ciao!

4. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Lol, I screwed up once and nothing happened, maybe I'm lucky?

Anyways, I'd sugguest getting GTA: Chinatown Wars, it's definitely an awesome game well worth over $10 as it sold for $30 on the DS and $40 on the psp.

5. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Assassin's creed sucked more than the first one. Definetly GTA

6. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    GTA. Assasins is good, but way overpriced imo. GTA is a steal at 10 buck though

7. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    GTA CW hands down... if you have been reading, I think that's what everyone are saying generally. Everyone should not miss it.

8. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

It says in your signature you're waiting for GTA. So a sudden change of mind or something? o_O
    Anyways I'd say GTA is better. Even though I've always disliked the GTA series, CW seems to have a main character who is actually likeable to a certain extent, and much less unnecessary expletives. Only thing I don't like about it is its gross portrayal of underground Chinese, which most Americans seem to have a thing for unsurprisingly. AC2 just looks very boring to me, as I thought the series was supposed to be an open-world stealth game. A side-scroller with a poorly designed interface doesn't really click.

9. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    GTA: CW

While I agree that Assassins Creed II is very fun, fast-paced, and looks very nice, making it a 2-d sidescroller somehow lessens the experience for me. GTA on the other hand is the full DS port, and has enough content to last you for a while, since it is open-world. The storyline is great, the graphics are clean, and the game itself is fun and varied. I'd go for GTA on this one.

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Really? I find myself liking AC2 quite a bit, although I do find there to be some problems with lag (on a jailbroken device and using WinterBoard) and the whole going way too fast thing is a bit annoying, but overall an awesome game.

Havn't played GTA yet, but from what I've seen/heard it's probably better.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Posted this on the other thread:

They provide very different experiences, but they're both quality games. I really like the fact that both titles are designed for portable platforms from the ground up, unlike many AAA titles. GTA:CW is funny, engaging, deep. Liberty city is just an amazing setting, wonderfully realized. AC2 is simply exhilarating -- there are so many ways to go through a level, it's just dizzying. (As an example, in one chase level, I ran into a group of four swordsmen while low on health. I could have tried to fight them or jump over them and run. Instead, I backed up to ledge, hung down, and waited for them to come after me. As they approached the ledge, I knocked them down one by one. It was just one cool moment in a game that's filled with them.)

I guess I'm no help whatsoever. :D Sorry!

@Aurora: AC2 is not boring at all. And the interface is actually very well designed. Looks can be deceiving ;).

@sk8erdude5: It's half the price of the well-received DS version, with more levels and better graphics. I fail to see how that could be considered overpriced.