Trying to find a lost game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by memyselfnoone, Jul 14, 2013.

1. memyselfnoone

memyselfnoone Active Member

Feb 26, 2013
    This may be pretty random , but since getting a new iphone I have lost a pile of my old apps that I had on my old phone( just an old iphone), and was wondering if anyone could tell me the title of this game that has been missing for quite a while...

Basically it was a survival/ futuristic game where a group of soldiers(marines?) land down on a planet and have to survive through a series of levels before escaping
    I clearly remember there being a sniper, flamer( flamethrower), soldier and mortar/rocket launcher( all with upgradeable stats like hollow tipped bullets/quicker firing etc)
    The game played out with you placing the unit behind a barricade( multiple facing) and being able to move the units around( tile based)

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful as this has been nagging on my mind for quite a while now( I can remember being addicted to this game for quite a while, with it being a constant on my old phone up until I upgraded and lost everything)

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hunter 1 or Hunter 2 ?

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Hunters or Hunters 2?

4. memyselfnoone

Feb 26, 2013
    Nah not hunters, but I do remember playing hunters(1) around the same time

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Do you remember anything about the style of gameplay - action versus turn based strategy?

Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising?

6. memyselfnoone

Feb 26, 2013
    #6 memyselfnoone, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
    Basically it was holding a defensive position outlasting a predetermined amount of waves

The barricades could be destroyed, and the units could be moved/faced from tile to tile(redeployed), all on a set area

Example;
    One of the first missions was based in a jungle , but as the game progressed you go through different settings, progressively getting more urban, with difficulty ramping as the enemies get stronger/faster etc

The units themselves were along a turret based line, with the firing on any target in their line of sight/target area...

Any help at all

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Is it Call of Cthulhu - The Wasted Land?

8. memyselfnoone

Feb 26, 2013
    Sadly no, but Cthulhu is a great game

You can't move units around a map, only around a 8x8( I think) grid , firing out over a barricade into waves of enemies

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  10. memyselfnoone

Feb 26, 2013
    Nah, definitely not monsters , more aliens/bio mech ( a setting was a spaceport/industrial area

But that was a great shot